Forum home page stuck in time at 1/22 when not logged in

Has anyone else noticed this?

Going to to https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ after the browser cache has been cleared, the latest thread/latest post lists are frozen at sometime mid-day on January 22nd. Refreshing the page brings up current posts, and logging in does the same. Just odd that a browser hitting the forum 'cleanly' is getting data from nine days ago. Open BITOG in a private window and you'll see what I mean.

Not here

1706726028495.jpg

I opened the forum link in a new private window after clearing Firefox's cache and am not seeing it stuck on Jan 22nd, shows latest posts.

Strange. I get the same behavior on both my home and work computers in two different browsers.

Actually, I take that back. It's not just the recent threads/posts lists but the entire site.

Same issue for me - stuck on 1/22 or thereabouts. Seems to happen when my browser is on private mode.
IMG_7550.jpg

I've tried everything I can think of and can't replicate this. What happens when you refresh? Clean the cookies and data from your browser cache?

My browser caches get flushed regularly, and what the OP describes is what I experience…starting from a clean slate, the server is delivering a home page from 1/22, with the shop tour thread as the newest topic. On mobile, a "burner" browser like Firefox Focus is an easy way to test without disrupting your primary browser and its settings.

Reloading the page reflects the current state of the site.

This has been occurring for at least a few days, but has been less frequent of late.

Perhaps something is stuck in the server's cache, or maybe a glitch in The Matrix?

Last edited:
I've tried everything I can think of and can't replicate this. What happens when you refresh? Clean the cookies and data from your browser cache?
Issue seems to be specific to my iPhone.

Just cleared cache and retried - same issue.

IMG_7557.jpg

Have to ask, you're not running Internet Explorer on Windows 7, are you ? 🤣🤣🤣

With the browser cache cleared of all cookies and temp data, going to BITOG forums gives me posts and info from 1/22.

- surfing around and clicking on links to sub-forums shows current info, but going back to the main page shows old info again
- refreshing the page brings up all current info

I get exactly the same behavior on two very different computers:

- one running Windows 10 and tested with Chrome and Firefox on cable internet
- one running Ubuntu 23.10 and tested with Firefox and Chromium tethered to my iPhone's cellular service

Also tested with both my personal and work iPhones, same thing.

And just tried it on my work computer going through all their extensive 'big brother' security, same thing.

But to be clear, I'm not seeing this behavior after logging in, only when going to BITOG forum in a clean browser session.

When not logged in it behaves like above. Refreshing the page fixes it.

When logged in and all is working, clearing the browser cache and cookies and refreshing the page brings back the issue.

Back