Fluid film gallon can reduced to $29.99 at Rural king

Normally the gallon cans of regular fluid film have been $39.99 at RK. On my sweep of the automotive dept today I noticed that the shelf was marked $29.99. No sign showing a sale or markdown. This is 25% off the usual price they have. I bought one even though I didnt need it right now. If its still the same next trip I will buy a couple more just because I can

Questions: Is the FF an uniform suspension in the gallon can or do you mix it prior to using? Additionally, can it be transferred in smaller quantities into a spray bottle for use? Excellent price for a gallon and thinking of picking one up. TIA.

@aba4430 It does require mixing before use and is temperature sensitive. It can vary depending on how old the product is, the older stuff requiring more mixing. I usually do my work during the summer but I have done touch ups inside the barn when its in the 50's.
Using a "spray bottle" would require some sort of propellant. It would not work in a squirt type bottle.

Reactions: JTK
Questions: Is the FF an uniform suspension in the gallon can or do you mix it prior to using? Additionally, can it be transferred in smaller quantities into a spray bottle for use? Excellent price for a gallon and thinking of picking one up. TIA.
You can get an air powered undercoating gun for around $15. I recommend a skullcap, KN95 mask, and glasses if you go under the car as it gets misty. And put newspaper on your garage floor.

If it sits for a long time it will need to be mixed up with a paint stirrer or the likes. Same with Woolwax. Like @64bawagon said, you get a better spray consistency and application the warmer it is out. For quick shots here and there in cold weather, the aerosol rattle cans of it are much better, but the film from the rattle cans is thin and will wash away, where the bulk product application sticks around much longer.

I stopped in today to see if they had restocked since I bought the only 2 undented cans they had and left the dented one a couple weeks ago. I asked customer service if they had more in stock and she checked within a 100 mi radius and said zero stock. She then told me that since it was marked XX.93 on the price that it meant it was a close out and would not be restocked. They had only sold 4 gallons since Aug 2022 and I believe I bought 3 of them. :confused:

Scott

Back