finding the key on new Cub Cadet

brought home my new CC30H yesterday from Home Depot + opened the shipping + no key where you would think!! searching said as expected keys were VERY simple + similar in most models + my girlfriends 42" CubCadet rider key worked + then i found the key zip tied to the uninstalled discharge chute i set aside while unpacking + not in the bag where manuals were as one would think + although misinformation noted an oil filter my just built in 03/23 has none but notes a fully pressurized oiling system. i know internet info can be outdated but a 2022 noted a filter + two engine sizes were noted, mine is 344cc. a noce smaller rider with a big price + the hydrostatic drive which added a bit over the same craftsman + toro sold it to me. i will surely be mowing SOON + the manual noted change oil first after 5 hrs as another thread noted, + having no filter its a good idea IMO!!

You don't typically continue looking for it after you find it, so it's always going to be found in the last place you look.
I always keep looking because I tend to find something else I was missing without even being aware of it. After a headache-inducing start, this thread is becoming outright philosophical.

I always keep looking because I tend to find something else I was missing without even being aware of it. After a headache-inducing start, this thread is becoming outright philosophical.
Maybe if he keeps looking, he'll find the missing oil filter. 😁

Since your mower doesn't have an oil filter, it also doesn't have a fully pressurized oiling system. If you haven't already done so, buy the B&S oil drain hose, part # 1723165SM. The tray they give you to divert draining oil can be a mess if it detaches while in use. Oil here, oil there, oil everywhere.

My CC30H was built in 2021 with the 344 engine. No oil filter either; would have paid extra if the engine had one.

Regards,
John

It doesn't really matter whether or not it has an oil filter. The B&S PowerBuilt series engines are all splash lubricated.

... tied to the uninstalled discharge chute i set aside
They were hoping it would make you touch that safety part at least once and consider installing it before using the machine. Fortunately you were able to thwart their plan by using the key from another mower.

Reactions: 4WD
thanks for the replies, ordered the drain hose after seeing theres room to install unlike what some vids show. prolly run real synthetic 10-30-30 or a 10-40 after 5 hr or less with the OE oil, theres just over a qt + i change at the end of mowing season. lots of misinformation these days + home made you tubes you never know what year the item was built! also got a bit bigger + hopefully better fuel filter!

Back