Finally installed the Hankooks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back in march it looked like I had about 5,000 miles left on my Cooper CS4s, so I went ahead and got a set of Optimo H727s through Discount Tire Direct. 15,000 miles later, and I still couldn't get the Coopers to wear out, but they were finally close enough that I didn't feel like a dope for switching over.

So far (about 300 miles), I'm mighty impressed. The Coopers were great tires on my van (went 70,000), and these seem even better with the added bonus of being much quieter. Cornering, traction wet and dry, road feel and ride are all just superb.

Darn good tires for the price (final tab was $380 installed).

Mine have become somewhat noisy because they wore unevenly due to an alignment that was out of spec. I fixed the alignment and I'm trying to be diligent about rotations, so I'm hoping they'll quiet down. They seem to have improved some already.

Be careful with your alignment and rotations. Since they last so long, you could be stuck with noisy tires for a long time if they wear unevenly.

Some people complain online that they wear out fast, but I have around 40k miles on mine and I have around 7/32nds left, so I have some serious miles left in them.

Can you take a few pictures for us please?
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: dparm
Those are an OEM tire for several Korean cars, yes?

I don't know if they are. Perhaps, but there are quite a few Hankook tires with similar names that don't perform as well as the H727.

Originally Posted By: stephen9666
Mine have become somewhat noisy because they wore unevenly due to an alignment that was out of spec. I fixed the alignment and I'm trying to be diligent about rotations, so I'm hoping they'll quiet down. They seem to have improved some already.

Be careful with your alignment and rotations. Since they last so long, you could be stuck with noisy tires for a long time if they wear unevenly.

Some people complain online that they wear out fast, but I have around 40k miles on mine and I have around 7/32nds left, so I have some serious miles left in them.

I have this exact same problem. But they're not vibrating so I'm living with it.

Originally Posted By: asamek
Back in march it looked like I had about 5,000 miles left on my Cooper CS4s, so I went ahead and got a set of Optimo H727s through Discount Tire Direct. 15,000 miles later, and I still couldn't get the Coopers to wear out, but they were finally close enough that I didn't feel like a dope for switching over.

So far (about 300 miles), I'm mighty impressed. The Coopers were great tires on my van (went 70,000), and these seem even better with the added bonus of being much quieter. Cornering, traction wet and dry, road feel and ride are all just superb.

Darn good tires for the price (final tab was $380 installed).

I have always had good luck with hankook tires. Currently have a set of their ipike snow tires for my sonata and really enjoy them.

"Those are an OEM tire for several Korean cars, yes?"

Not the 727s. The OEMs are 724s and 725s - much lower quality.

Tire Rack ratings had these second to the Michelins - for about $40 per tire less. So far, I'm a believer. My alignment is rue due to just having had the struts done - but the Coopers wors as evenly as any tire I ever had - they were just a little noisier than usual from the git go.

Nick R - I'll see what I can do as far as pictures - may take a day or 2.

these are hankooks flagship passenger touring tire.

not an oem tire that is the 725a, 724?, and a few 400 series

Originally Posted By: satinsilver
Originally Posted By: dparm
Those are an OEM tire for several Korean cars, yes?

The 725A is what many cars come with. My friend just yesterday replaced his after 52k miles with some Michelins. Linky:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?...autoModel=Astra XE 5 Door&autoModClar=

Guys, forgot to mention even after 52k miles there was plenty of tread remaining. He just wanted some fresh rubber on there before winter.
thumbsup2.gif

Had Kinergy K425 on the wifes car for coming up to 30k. Wifes car model is prone to insde and ouside shoulder wear possible due to the electric power steering and heavy engine.

The k425 got low ratings for economy in the now compulsory EU tests.

As the other pair where coming up for replacement Avon ZV3(proved to wear quickly hence the K425s)

Decided to get it back on a matched set again.

Chose Dunlop Sport BlueResponce as they has B for economy and A for wet westher grip and only 67db noise. Car is noticably quieter at high speeds and the steering feel is excellent.

Originally Posted By: stephen9666

After 35k+ miles on my 2006 Camry, the tires are cupped and loud. Alignment and susspension are fine. Tires rotated every 5k miles with oil change service. Still good tread. Will likely replace in a month or so. Mechanic blames poor quality tire. My guess is it's hit or miss with these tires.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back