Finally installed my MXV4's

Status
Not open for further replies.
After waiting almost a month I finally got my Michelin Primacy MXV4's installed. I was a little disappointed with the install, scratched rims etc.
The tires were a matched set, all DOT# identical. They are as quiet as the Energy MXV4's or a little better. Judging by the gas gage they seem to be getting about the same gas mileage, can follow up on that later if antone wants to know. Handling is similiar altho hard to judge with only 150mi on them. Turn in is vague but should improve with some mileage.
Smoky

Your turn-in response should improve once the moulding nubs wear off. It took about 1000 miles before the nubs on my new Bridgestone LS-V's were completely worn down.

I put Michelin Pilot Exaltos AS on at 50K to gain more traction, especially in the wet compared with MXV4 Energy S8. I gained traction but lost about 2-3mpg. I have about 42k on exaltos and am interested in new MXV4. I thought they might get a little less mpg than energy tires because I did not see the X green compound advertisement for them. If they get close to same mpg with improved handling in wet...would definitely consider again. Would be interested in your impressions in next few thousand miles..

didn't this tire win the vote for the "worst tire ever" here @ BITOG?
My wiffe's Elantra came with those, and they were horrible...the Kumhos that she got now are noisier, but man they handle a 100x better than the overpriced MXV4s...
Just my experience.

So far so good. With 270 miles of mountain driving the gas mileage is a respectable 37.5MPG. The handling is still not up to par but comming around. The quiet factor remains good.

Car is a Acura 2.3 CL with 5speed.

Previous tire was Energy MXV4 OEM. They lasted 8years and I changed for safety, had 3/32 tread remaining. The same loop of driving on the old tires in warmer weather was 40.3MPG.
I'll be able to give a good MPG report after Christmas as I'll be repeating a 1300Mi trip I took last month with similiar temps etc. This will be higher speed interstate travel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back