Filter for 2013 Mustang GT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dang thanks for all the help, I'm thinking about draining the ff today and just probably get MC oil and filter until the warranty is up, its only has 200 miles on it now and I'm not going to even run it 3k more than likely, call me crazy but that's how I am.

Originally Posted By: tenderloin
Check page 280 2nd printing for correct oil spec.

Use SAE 5W-20 engine oil
Only use oils certified for gasoline engines by the American Petroleum Institute (API). An oil with this trademark symbol conforms to the current engine and emission system protection standards and fuel economy requirements of the International Lubricant Standardization and Approval Committee (ILSAC), comprised of U.S. and Japanese automobile manufacturers.

To protect your engine and engine’s warranty, use Motorcraft SAE 5W-20 or an equivalent SAE 5W-20 oil meeting Ford specification WSS-M2C945-A. SAE 5W-20 oil provides optimum fuel economy and durability performance meeting all requirements for your vehicle’s engine.

Ultra lists Ford WSS-M2C-929-A (5W-30), WSS-M2C-930-A (5W-20).(OLD Ford specs)

Pennzoil Platinum® 5W-20 exceeds Ford WSS-M2C945-A/WSS-M2C930-A

Page 280 2nd printing

shown here, and can be identified
by the triangle markings on the
vehicle. Details are depicted on the
yellow warning label on the jack.
Jack at the specified locations to avoid damage to the vehicle.
7. Put the jack in the jack notch
next to the tire you are changing.
Turn the jack handle clockwise until
the wheel is completely off the
ground.
8. Remove the lug nuts with the lug
wrench.
9. Replace the flat tire with the
spare tire, making sure the valve
stem is facing outward. Reinstall lug
nuts until the wheel is snug against the hub. Do not fully tighten the lug
nuts until the wheel has been lowered.
If you are using the temporary tire, the lug nut washers will not appear
to be flush with the rim. This is normal only when using the temporary
spare tire.
10. Lower the wheel by turning the jack handle counterclockwise.
11. Remove the jack and fully tighten the
lug nuts in the order shown. Refer to Wheel
lug nut torque specifications later in this
chapter for the proper lug nut torque
specification.
12. Put flat tire, wheel ornament (if
equipped), jack and lug wrench away. Make
sure the jack is fastened so it does not rattle
when you drive.
13. Unblock the wheel.

Nothing about oil.

Ford specification WSS-M2C945-A, this is nothing more than API SN/GF-5 specification. I understand PU does not state this meets it but from all of Pennzoil's advertising and spec sheets I do not see how it could not exceed APN/SN-ISLAC/GF-5. I would like to see what would happen if a dealership attempted to avoid warranty work because PU was used. This is not Texas Tea or other brand with out any market presence. Not only would Ford have to deal with a very angry customer trying to prove the customer was at fault which if he/she maintained the vehicle out lined in the owners manual which is near impossible to do, Ford would have to deal with Shell. Do you believe Shell would let a company try to say that Shell's flagship PCMO can not meet a minimum API ISLAC spec? Every other major blender would do the same.

BTW I found what you stated on page 293.

I asked if Ford had a oil spec for the GT and found that it did. Glad you found out as well...even if I was off a few pages it was there.

Whether or not one chooses to use an oil that at least on the label says it meets the spec (no formal approval) is up to them. If it were me and a new car I would stick with oil that is approved to use.

I don't know if Ultra is GF5 SN yet as Pennzoil still has it on their web site as GF4 SM. It is great oil and have used it myself...But with so many good oils on the market including Pennzoil Platinum that meet Ford's (and other new car specs) why take the chance?

Just found out I can get redline oil through work at a discounted price, think I might go with that if it meets specs which I'm not to worried about because with the mods I will be edoing soon I doubt I will be covered under warranty lol.

Keep us updated on the mods. Sounds like a fantastic vehicle. Modified..I doubt you need to worry about warranty specs.

The thread started out for oil filters and I helped hijack it. Sorry...

I don't mind it being hijacked at all which you didn't do I asked about oil also, all or any inuput is appreciated, as far as mods go it will have by next weekend the following since this weekend i'm not feeling very good, the gf is a nurse and brought home whooping cough
frown.gif
Will have airade cai and bama tune, stainless works longtube headers, upr catless offroad x-pipe with borla ATAK Axel-Backs, Boss 302 intake manifold, should be making 425-450 hp to the wheels depending on how stout of a tune I decide to buy from bama but probably going with the very stout 93 octane tune from them.

Originally Posted By: dave1251

Ford specification WSS-M2C945-A, this is nothing more than API SN/GF-5 specification. I understand PU does not state this meets it but from all of Pennzoil's advertising and spec sheets I do not see how it could not exceed APN/SN-ISLAC/GF-5. I would like to see what would happen if a dealership attempted to avoid warranty work because PU was used. This is not Texas Tea or other brand with out any market presence. Not only would Ford have to deal with a very angry customer trying to prove the customer was at fault which if he/she maintained the vehicle out lined in the owners manual which is near impossible to do, Ford would have to deal with Shell. Do you believe Shell would let a company try to say that Shell's flagship PCMO can not meet a minimum API ISLAC spec? Every other major blender would do the same.

BTW I found what you stated on page 293.

Originally Posted By: tenderloin
I just checked the manual. It has Ford WSS-M2C945 spec for oil. Latest Ultra listed does not list this spec. Platinum does.

Pennzoil Ultra SN does meet the spec per the pds.

http://www.epc.shell.com/Docs/GPCDOC_X_cbe_24855_key_140007304054_201207271344.pdf

Last edited:
Changed the oil on the Superstang yesterday with PU and a Baldwin Filter, this thread can be deleted! Thanks everyone for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back