Ferrari in Paris

It was actually recorded with a Mercedes 450SEL, not a Ferrari. The noise was dubbed over afterwards.
Really? that’s a shame…because the noise of the V-12 is what makes the movie.

Now, speaking of Mercedes and V-12, I saw this YouTube video of a Mercedes S600. The owner built a set of custom, equal length headers (not easy) and then straight pipe exhaust. The sound is glorious. Truly glorious.

And before anyone asks, no, I am not doing this to my S600. First, the turbos muffle sound and, second, I can’t pull them off the engine easily. This car was the previous generation, normally aspirated, V-12. Mine makes over 100 HP more than this one.

Still, the sound is glorious.

Last edited:
Really? that’s a shame…because the noise of the V-12 is what makes the movie.

Now, speaking of Mercedes and V-12, I saw this YouTube video of a Mercedes S600. The owner built a set of custom, equal length headers (not easy) and then straight pipe exhaust. The sound is glorious. Truly glorious.

And before anyone asks, no, I am not doing this to my S600. First, the turbos muffle sound and, second, I can’t pull them off the engine easily. This car was the previous generation, normally aspirated, V-12. Mine makes over 100 HP more than this one.

Still, the sound is glorious.

I want one it sounds so good

Back