Favorite time of the year!!!!

Lancaster County is two miles from my house. Amish have stands all over the place which I frequent often in the summer. Picked up my first dozen ears of sweet corn. Also 2 quarts of black raspberries. I rinsed the raspberries off good and put acouple tea spoons of sugar on them. Will have them over vanilla Meadowbrook ice cream after dinner tonite. Little things... ;)

Little things... ;)
Agree 100%. Got baby back ribs smokin' in the Green Egg. Makin' some okra and tomatoes from my garden, baked potatoes w/cheese and sour cream. Fresh sweet corn, some vanilla ice cream later and lots of beer right now.

Summer time and the livin' is easy, fish are jumpin'...Sing it Billy

Lancaster County is two miles from my house. Amish have stands all over the place which I frequent often in the summer. Picked up my first dozen ears of sweet corn. Also 2 quarts of black raspberries. I rinsed the raspberries off good and put acouple tea spoons of sugar on them. Will have them over vanilla Meadowbrook ice cream after dinner tonite. Little things... ;)
Sounds Amazing. My grandparents had a BlackBerry bush but at the time wasn't a huge fan but love them now. Unfortunately if someone could tell me how to grow mangoes in Colorado I'd be set.

Sounds Amazing. My grandparents had a BlackBerry bush but at the time wasn't a huge fan but love them now. Unfortunately if someone could tell me how to grow mangoes in Colorado I'd be set.

"Unfortunately if someone could tell me how to grow mangoes in Colorado I'd be set."

Not bloody likely! 😀

All of these Summer things listed above are amazing...

Yes we frequent York and Lancaster county as it is next to us. We get lots of fresh goods from the Amish. It sure beats the trash you get in grocery stores.

We were up there gosh probably 12 years ago or so now. And I remember all the stands set up. They had some good stuff if I remember correctly they had tomatoes and all kinds of stuff. We had this Amish lady and her son invite us to dinner and we had dinner it was great. So interesting to see how they live too. They were very nice people. Made excellent food too. Her son was special needs and was the sweetest person ever. He made horseshoes to sell as souvenirs so I got one. She was fascinated to talk to a southerner from Virginia as she called us haha.

I like summer but it is 82F in the garage and at least that in humidity. Good for growing crops but makes me want to throw things.

Wettest summer I can recall. Wife's garden did great last year--this year it's barely doing anything.

Back