Falcon 900EX Runway Excursion - MYF - 2/13/21

I did not see reverse thrusters being used.
The Falcon 900 has only one TR, and it's located on the center engine. The TR buckets deploy at the 21 second mark. Of course, the engine takes a few seconds to spool back up. It's not particularly effective on that plane, and in this case, did little to help.

"At 11:47 a.m. Saturday, the jet hit the dirt at the end of the runway and lost its wheels ... "

So sounds like the plane went off the end of the runway, and then the landing gear was torn off. Why did it go off the end of the runway before lifting off? Not enough speed for take-off or pilot decided to abort takeoff way to late or ... ???

"At 11:47 a.m. Saturday, the jet hit the dirt at the end of the runway and lost its wheels ... "

So sounds like the plane went off the end of the runway, and then the landing gear was torn off. Why did it go off the end of the runway before lifting off? Not enough speed for take-off or pilot decided to abort takeoff way to late or ... ???
From the chatter I’ve seen online, possible incorrect flap/slat settings for the load they were carrying.

Another possibility: They could have been using incorrect speed references for their weight, similar to what happened in the 1971 Boeing 747 incident at SFO:

This is why analyzing landing performance is important.

In the UA 328 thread, I talked about analyzing the landing - weight, approach speed, brake and flap settings, wind, weather, runway length, etc. - in the context of a single engine landing.

But it matters for all landings in high performance aircraft.

Back