ExxonMobil And TRD U.S.A. Extend Partnership

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: mikered30
I thought JGR would use JG racing oil.

I'm quite sure XOM brings a significantly larger check to the table
smile.gif

Interesting how Stewart-Haas leases engines from Hendrick and supposedly runs Mobil yet Hendrick themselves had Valvoline sponsorship in very early 90s and then Quaker State for an entire era, and now next season they have Valvoline on-board again. You would assume Hendrick is building these engines with their sponsor associate products (not like QS/SOPUS isn't up to the task) but this leads me to believe that either Hendrick uses M1 or Stewart-Haas doesn't actually use Mobil products. Hendrick leases the engines, I'm sure Hendrick specifies the oil.

I would not doubt JGR doesn't use those JGR oils, they probably just sell stuff to make money. I had a customer give me a PS pump to put on and had that jgr stuff with it and It didn't work or last any better than other products he used before or after on a road race street type car so he went back to Castrol PS fluid and it actually worked better. Hendrick most likely uses oil in the race engine shop based on engineering and testing not sponsor dollars. They may have Mobil 1 in the race engines or not but in the shop there won't be any names on packages to keep sponsors happy if they are different. They have sponsors to have ads showing drivers holding bottles and most of times it goes with oil deals through the dealership service dept. sales not race shop sales. I have been told that most cup teams only use real light oils for time trials then put a more standard weight oil in for racing.

Originally Posted By: vssjim
I have been told that most cup teams only use real light oils for time trials then put a more standard weight oil in for racing.

They do. Very light oil for qualifying to maximize horsepower and thicker oil for the duration of the race for protection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back