Ever seen a snowblower to brush mower conversion?

Came across this gem the other day for sale but it sold before I could go get it. Apparently Ariens used to offer a bolt on brush hog deck for their snowblowers. Kinda makes sense cause snowblowers are usually pretty strong and it would be nice to use the machine year round but I can see why the concept failed as well. People probably didn’t want to do the conversion every 6 months. Still a neat little bit of power equipment history.

Attachments

• 66B1C409-84A7-4E63-8CF3-0369A397A18E.jpg
    66B1C409-84A7-4E63-8CF3-0369A397A18E.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 320
A friend of mine is in a wheelchair, and he has one of those that I added a two-wheel sulky from a Gravely walk-behind mower to. In the 1960's-1970s Ariens made something called the "trac-team" which allowed the snow blower "tractor" part to have several attachments. My friend has the snowblower, a 30" mower, a leaf vacuum, and a chipper/shredder. The attachments work quite well. It has a modern Briggs and Stratton engine I swapped onto it, but it was important to use the add-on air filter with the old snow engines for summer use.

Ariens used to have all kinds of attachments for their machines. You could get a sweeper, brush mower, tiller, snowblower, probably several others. They originally called the power unit a walk behind tractor for a reason. They were a universal drive unit with bolt on attachments, most popular happened to be the snowblower.

Ariens used to have all kinds of attachments for their machines. You could get a sweeper, brush mower, tiller, snowblower, probably several others. They originally called the power unit a walk behind tractor for a reason. They were a universal drive unit with bolt on attachments, most popular happened to be the snowblower.
Sounds like the gravely walk behind tractors. The one above definitely started out as a snowblower though. It even has the crank for the chute still.

Sounds like the gravely walk behind tractors. The one above definitely started out as a snowblower though. It even has the crank for the chute still.
Probably was bought as a snowblower, still looks like factory conversion parts though. Why pull off the chute crank if you plan on bolting the snowblower head back on in the winter.

Back