Do you find daddy daycare to be enjoyable/fascinating?

I rather do. My wife went to CA to hang with besties, and so it's me and my 9 yo for about 10 days. He is taking summer school for 3 hours, Mon-Thu.

I've take a combination of PTO, and working from home, to be able to watch him. There's a lot I don't know about the day in and day out. Since my wife works for the school district, seems everyone knows my son.

I find he behaves differently with me. For example, getting up out of bed, for school, there's no whining nor dragging his feet, he's right out of bed. lol

Hate to admit it, but it is as late as this year, that I've decided work has to take a back seat to what actually matters in life. So since this is new to me, I really don't mind. We're busy. Yesterday he had school, then we went swimming, and right to karate. A lot for a little kid. It's all good. :)

I have two, and have had the benefit of being able to take 3 months parental leave for both. Wife and I took our leaves staggered (few weeks off for me after their birth and then I was the primary for three months when they were around 5 to 8 months old). Amazing to be a part of their day to day.

I have two, and have had the benefit of being able to take 3 months parental leave for both. Wife and I took our leaves staggered (few weeks off for me after their birth and then I was the primary for three months when they were around 5 to 8 months old). Amazing to be a part of their day to day.
My fear, and it will come soon enough, is when they realize we don't know everything and we're no longer a superhero in their minds :ROFLMAO:

You've probably heard it said, and it will certainly be true in my case as well, that on your deathbed, you won't be regretting all the overtime you could have worked. You regret not having spent more time with loved ones. I have a strong work ethic myself, and that will always be with me, but (my oldest just finished her freshman year in a state uni) if I had to do it again, I would definitely have made more time for her and her sister. You made the right choice here.

You've probably heard it said, and it will certainly be true in my case as well, that on your deathbed, you won't be regretting all the overtime you could have worked. You regret not having spent more time with loved ones. I have a strong work ethic myself, and that will always be with me, but (my oldest just finished her freshman year in a state uni) if I had to do it again, I would definitely have made more time for her and her sister. You made the right choice here.
Thanks, I sincerely appreciate your comments...:giggle:

I worked from home the entire time my kids were growing up, which enabled me to spend a ton of time with them. I wouldn't have wanted it any other way.
I've been WFH since 2020 and couldn't agree more. Creates some difficulty in my case when they are having a tough time that I can't spend time with them since they know I am right behind a door but nice to actually be home for dinner, be able to put them to bed, etc. Contemplating a new gig that will require part time in the office and it is one of the big drawbacks for me at this point in my life.

Kids are great observers even if they don't say anything. They observe everything that you do and how you act around other people.
You have three more years. Then that will absolutely occur. It’ll be a lean decade, and then, they’ll start to ask for advice once again.
So true. My daughter told me that my music was so lame and old fashioned when she was about 12 years old. A year later I heard her listening to it with her friends when she didn't know I was around. When I asked her about it, she said it wasn't her idea but her friends like that band. I asked if she told them it was lame but I never got a clear answer. LOL. My son never went through that phase.

Back