Do those hillman magnetic boxes stick to the frames of cars?

So I locked myself out of my apartment yesterday, and now I must pay $100 fee for the unlock. My landlord was actually at lunch with her mother and had to come unlock my door. No Bueno.

I'm going to be buying a spare key but before I do I wanted to know if those hillman magnetic key boxes attach to car frames and stay put or I'm better off with a fake rock that has a hidden compartment.

General logistics suggest having a spare anything closer to where it might be needed is better.
Could you loan your car to someone and somehow lock yourself out?, for example.

Pick a secure location where nobody would think to look. Those grey rocks are common and likely don't match what's in your planter.

A lot of people put those magnet key holders inside the gas door area.

You could always use safety wire. If your undercarriage gets salt you might find a crusty relic in five years when you really need it.

Maybe put the key in the magnet holder with a bunch of grease to keep it from rusting.

A lot of people put those magnet key holders inside the gas door area.

You could always use safety wire. If your undercarriage gets salt you might find a crusty relic in five years when you really need it.

Maybe put the key in the magnet holder with a bunch of grease to keep it from rusting.
Most magnetic key holders now days are made of plastic or waterproof fabric.

I use the fake rock but live in a house. If you're in an apartment I'd worry a gardener might inadvertently move it while mulching or other yard work. Why not get a keyless door lock if allowed? I've got this and haven't carried a house key in over 10 years.

71XRIOzXiZL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Back