Delvac 1 or Mobil 1 Truck & SUV 5/40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still the same oils? I just bought the Mobil 1 T&S for my Honda TRX680 Rincon and 500 Rubicon because of the $10 rebate offer on Mobil 1..and $22.00 per gallon vs. Delvac 1 @$30.00 the bottle says something about new 'anti wear additive' should that bother me for wet clutch application?..I like to 3x-4x recommended OCI's which is about 12 months and 1,800-2,000 miles.

T&SUV is now 5w30 so u must have the old stock(CI-4/SL?)the older stock was the same i do believe..not anymore,but still a good oil,close to EP.

Originally Posted By: cheetahdriver
TDT (Turbo Diesel Truck) is 5w40 and is the oil i thought was the pre ESP Delvac1.

is that still the case?

go out on a limd here till someone smarter seps in,

When it was CI-4/SL it was,,,but after CJ/SM came into play it no longer is? from what i read, i guess your Q confused me some, how you worded it.

Let's be careful with the terminology we're using.

Mobil Devlac 1 in 5w-40 is their HDEO PAO based product, marketed for the large diesel fleet markets. You can find it out there, but it's pretty much at heavy/OTR truck places most of the time, typically in gallons or pails.

Mobil Turbo Diesel Truck (TDT) in 5w-40, is (from what I gather) basically the same as Delvac 1, marketed for small user consumption (auto parts stores and Wally World). Most often seen in individual quarts. (It may not be the exact product as Delvac 1, but it's darn close!).

Mobil Truck and Suv is NOT the same at TDT. It's likely a fortified gasser product, and not HDEO. And I've not seen it in 5w-40, but that doesn't mean it's not out there. Most often seen in 5w-30 or 10w-30. Not a viscosity preferred in most motorcycles.

I would stick with the HDEOs for motorcycle/ATV applications, and trend away from gasser-based products.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: dnewton3
Let's be careful with the terminology we're using. [snip] Mobil Truck and Suv is NOT the same at TDT. It's likely a fortified gasser product, and not HDEO. And I've not seen it in 5w-40, but that doesn't mean it's not out there.

I agree, let's be careful with the terminology. When 'M1 5W-40 Truck & SUV' came out years ago (ca 2003/2004?), this was exactly its name. This WAS the oil that was rumored to be identical to Delvac 5W-40.

Originally Posted By: coffee
You can find the Mobil 1 5w40 TDT at WalMart.
The Walmart I do my shopping at doesn't carry it. I'll check the other one but I'm pretty sure they don't stock it either. What are you guys paying for it at WM?

Originally Posted By: brian12
You can find the Mobil 1 5w40 TDT at WalMart.
The Walmart I do my shopping at doesn't carry it. I'll check the other one but I'm pretty sure they don't stock it either. What are you guys paying for it at WM?

don't feel bad mine don't have too.

I think it is around $22-25 a gallon. Not all of them carry it so if there is another WalMart to check then it may carry it. It seems to be stocked according to manager choice and region.

I think it is around $22-25 a gallon. Not all of them carry it so if there is another WalMart to check then it may carry it. It seems to be stocked according to manager choice and region.

So it's under $26 then?, cool.

The one you want is M1 Turbo Diesel Truck. It's the one with the higher levels of ZDDP and higher TBN.

One of the finest oils mankind has ever produced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back