dealing with a cell phone left outside for days

Status
Not open for further replies.
After looking everywhere for my cell for over a week, and on the Verizon website for last transmissions, I found my cell on the side of my drive. I have a long drive, but this was maybe 1/3 the way in so its was not where I stop and get out of my vehicle to get the mail. Still need to ponder how it got there.

My solution to dry it out was to remove cover and battery, and hang it several inches above a old style incandescent light bulb. In this case it was set between two fan blades of an off ceiling fan, with the light on. Twenty four hours latter no more condensation on the screen. Inserted battery but no cover yet and plugged into charger and the logo came on to signify being charged. The charging should produce more heat.

Try to find some kind of desiccant somewhere. Dry the phone out as well as you can and then put it in a large jar with a LOT of desiccant.

I've saved a few walkie-talkies that have taken baths this way. Success rate is about 50/50.

Originally Posted By: JRed
Try to find some kind of desiccant somewhere. Dry the phone out as well as you can and then put it in a large jar with a LOT of desiccant.

I've saved a few walkie-talkies that have taken baths this way. Success rate is about 50/50.

Good idea. I have some Damp Rid I use for my boat.

I put my wet electronics on top of my water heater. As it's mildly warm, without baking the electronics. I've had great results doing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back