Dash Cam Not Recording Correctly

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few years ago I asked the Q? here about a recommended dash cam. Someone mentioned the "Vehicle BlackBox DVR" dash cam. I ordered it from AMAZON and added the 3 year warranty ($2.96). About 3-4 weeks ago the screen went white. I contacted AMAZON about the warranty and another cam was sent. When I opened the box I could tell it was used. I contacted AMAZON again and this time I received a new one.
The problem I'm having is, it doesn't start recording until about 10-15 minutes after I start my drive down the road. I have it set to record in 5 minute loops, but when I play it back, it's set to 3 minute loops. Do I have something set incorrectly? I'm thinking about calling AMAZON again and requesting another dash cam.
[Linked Image]

Reset the dashcam and set the recording to the smallest file. Try to use another microSD card as well. Either its the dashcam or the microSD card.

Originally Posted by Gasbuggy
I haven't had good luck with these Chinese dash cams.

This ^^ That's why I ended up spending the money for a better one.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by MoneyJohn
Reset the dashcam and set the recording to the smallest file. Try to use another microSD card as well. Either its the dashcam or the microSD card.

Currently, there is an 8 GB SD card in it. I can switch it with my phones 32 GB SD card and see if that works.

My personal experience I'm going thru right now with mine.

1) Did the SD Card come with the DashCam or did you buy the card seperatly ?
2) Read the Owners Manual to see the SD Card requirements.

3) I made the mistake of using the SD Card from my (pocket) camera / the SD Card lasted 2 years, then failed
4) I just bought a SD Card specifically for DashCams.
https://www.transcend-info.com/Products/No-727

If it's not the SD Card, then you need to get a better DashCam.

Originally Posted by MasterSolenoid
My personal experience I'm going thru right now with mine.

1) Did the SD Card come with the DashCam or did you buy the card seperatly ?
2) Read the Owners Manual to see the SD Card requirements.

3) I made the mistake of using the SD Card from my (pocket) camera / the SD Card lasted 2 years, then failed
4) I just bought a SD Card specifically for DashCams.
https://www.transcend-info.com/Products/No-727

If it's not the SD Card, then you need to get a better DashCam.

I bet this would be the best advice.

I have that same dash cam, used it for 18 months in my Sonata and it worked great. Decided to get a different one on Black Friday.

I never had that happen. I'd recommend backing up your phone's memory card to your computer and formatting it, then formatting again in the camera and try again. I used a 32gb Samsung in mine.

Also, if I recorded 5 minute videos in 1080p it was over 1gb per video. So I always used 720p, it looked good enough and the videos were around 400mb.

Originally Posted by Nick1994
I have that same dash cam, used it for 18 months in my Sonata and it worked great. Decided to get a different one on Black Friday.

I never had that happen. I'd recommend backing up your phone's memory card to your computer and formatting it, then formatting again in the camera and try again. I used a 32gb Samsung in mine.

Also, if I recorded 5 minute videos in 1080p it was over 1gb per video. So I always used 720p, it looked good enough and the videos were around 400mb.

Nick, thanks for the advice!
smile.gif

I wonder if it was you that recommended this camera to me? I'm going to go back and do a search.
https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4608569/dash-cameras#Post4608569
Yes Nick, you did recommend it. And Satin Silver 2nd'ed it. Sir Talon originally recommended it to you.
It's been a good camera for me, until the screen went white. I'm pretty sure I can fix the problem with my newest one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back