Daniel Defense announces new 9mm pistol

Astro14

$100 Site Donor
Staff member
A company that is known for high quality. I’ve got a Daniel Defense rifle, and I can vouch for that quality.

They just announced a new 9mm pistol. Several interesting details, including an aluminum frame, 15 round capacity, optics-ready slide, and 1911 ergonomic aspects, like grip angle and trigger movement.

Looks odd, like a weird weapon in Halo or something.
Reckon they were shooting for (sorry, couldn’t resist) a very low bore axis, the better to manage perceived recoil. So, the beaver tail is higher up on the frame than most guns, and that gives it an odd set of proportions.

One of the things I disliked about the M-11/Sig P228 was the high bore axis. Great gun in many respects, but the muzzle flip was a bit more pronounced as a result, so it was a bit slower to get back on target.

What I really care about: how does it shoot?

Pretty is as pretty does…

Not new, That is just the old Hudson H-9 that was introduced at the 2017 SHOT Show and sold for 3 years, they went kaput and Daniel Defense bought them out.. An interesting gun, high quality, We sold several of them back then. That being said we LOVE Daniel Defense, one of the best US Manufacturers to deal with.. We sold more DD than anyone else West of the Mississippi in 2016 and 2017.. Not just great quality but great people to deal with..

Not new, That is just the old Hudson H-9 that was introduced at the 2017 SHOT Show and sold for 3 years, they went kaput and Daniel Defense bought them out.. An interesting gun, high quality, We sold several of them back then. That being said we LOVE Daniel Defense, one of the best US Manufacturers to deal with.. We sold more DD than anyone else West of the Mississippi in 2016 and 2017.. Not just great quality but great people to deal with..
I was going to say. The hype of this thing is going on ten years old. Kind of a blast from the past seeing it again. DD picking it up is the interesting bit.

Maybe it’ll do better the second time around with some marketing grunt behind it.

A friend shot a pre-production model and said while it's on the ***** side he thought they nailed the ergos and it is a soft shooter. Not surprising as DD exudes quality. I'd expect $1500 or maybe more for MSRP.

At a quick glance it's similar to a P320.
um… which part? Because I’m not seeing any 320 on that thing?

DD makes great ARs. I put over 20k rounds through one.
I hope this works out better than their bolt rifle, that was kinda a flop…

I wonder how much of the H9 is in this pistol? Like is it just the design and concept or did they actually keep some of the original Hudson parts…

Pretty pricey for 9mm pistol.
Lots of pricey 9mm pistols on the market. DDs market has never been the cheapest firearm.

The question is will it have the performance, reliability and quality to justify the price.

A striker fired 9mm, you don't see that everyday.
LOL.
A striker fired 9mm with a 1911 style trigger is a bit unusual. I am a bit skeptical any striker fired trigger can feel like a 1911 trigger, but if it does, maybe that's why it's worth North of a grand.
If the trigger is a long pull with higher pressure required than a 1911, I see DD having as much success with this gun as Hudson. After the initial wave of buyers getting one for the DD name sales will drop off. There are too many excellent striker fired 9mm pistols out there at less than half the price. Heck, even the HK VP9 can be had for $500 right now, with a company store $200 rebate.

Back