Cooper Lifeliners

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive had very good luck with Cooper Lifeliner Touring tires on my Toyatoa '89 truck. Coming up on 3 years in September.Moderate usage and some very hot South Texas pavement. Considering another set as I always as amtter of course replace tires at leat every three years . One thing i know to be true is stay with the horse that brung ya, but I am looking at the Dunlops and they look mighty fine, besides a geezer needs some adventure in his life...or does he??

Personally, I would stick with the Coopers. I have owned two sets of Dunlops and they were disappointing. My son uses Coopers exclusively and has had fewer issue with them on his vehicles. If you need adventure in life, find it elsewhere!!

Dunlop = Goodyear.

Gyr has cut manufacturing corners for several years. Cooper has lost money for last 2 years (first quarter of 2007 is first time they've show a profit in 8 quarters). Expect them to begin cost cutting in the near future, BUT THEY HAVENT YET!!

Bob

The last 4 sets of Cooper tires that I've owned were recalled. These were store-brand labelled tires made by Cooper for various shops around here.

They tolerated the horrible pothole ridden roads, occasional curbs, and other targets.

The wet/dry/snow performance was acceptable but nothing to brag about.

They lasted long because 2/3 into their life, they were replaced for free.

My Cooper LL rock. $62/tire 70K wearout. I've got 60K on them and it looks like 90K miles is doable. (2,100 lb car)
I already have the replacements sitting on my porch.

I have odd size P185/60R15's; all the other choices were $$$

Quote:

Been selling Cooper and Cooper generic for 10-12 years never known of a recall.

Bob

Bob,

I hope you will take this as an advisory, but I looked up recalls in NHTSA's database and stopped when I found 2 of them:

04T013000 issued July 12, 2004
06t016000 issued Oct 2, 2006

I think you need find out why you aren't clued in.

And just for reference for BITOG'ers: Every tire manufacturer has recalls on record, so it isn't just Cooper and you shouldn't draw the conclusion that Cooper has a problem - at least not based on the presence of recalls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back