Coolant switching

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know of any adverse effects from switching from Motorcraft long life to HD long life coolant. Ford recommends you change the coolant at relatively short interval's but the Delo we use at the shop in all of our international trucks states its good for 1.2 million km's.

Same goes for the DEX cool, I've had many people ask me if it is ok to switch their passenger cars over to our Delo long life coolant.

What Delo coolant lasts that long? Isn't it 600K miles/6 years/12K hours? The Delo formulation is essentially the same as Dex-Cool, but I cannot verify the use of 2-EHA in it or not.

I'm assuming you are wanting to switch a passenger vehicle. Don't go by mileage. Commercial vehicles drive way more miles per year than passenger vehicles do normally. Based on that, commercial will hit a coolant mileage limit way before a passenger will.

If you want to drop Deathcool like a bad habit, try John Deere Cool-Gard II or G-05.

It's the Delo extended life prediluted 50/50 stuff. good for 1.2 million km's.

Meets or exceeds
-ASTM D4556 inc. D4340 and ASTM D6210
-CAT EC-1
-TMC RP 329, RP 302A, RP 351
-John Deere cavitation test

I've already put it in my 6.0l, I've noticed a great deal of heat difference in the cab as a positive thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back