cool estate sale filter find -360 grams each

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm not sure they build them like this any more!
Check these 2 out that I bought today for maybe .25 each.
Its a FL-400A . Yes i said A . not sure how old , but its listed for 1964-1981 cars. Should fit the taurus just fine.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Those are old, that was the previous number for the FL-400S. What is the long number on the box? The FL-400S has a E4FZ-6731-AB which is from 1984.

I got a fram from 1988 at a yard sale. Heavy bugger with thick steel.

The 3614 that fits my saturn also fits yugos and bragged about it on the box.

Linky

Naturally your FL400A would make a nice oversize for this app.
wink.gif

Now seek out a fram 3387 and find out what they needed to promote it to 3387A!

There has been some discussion about concern for really old filters.

If they are stored well in a cool, dry place, it's probably OK.

If not, the inner tube can rust, the rubber can degrade (not to the eye), and the cellulose media can deteriorate when subjected to the forceful push of the oil going through it.

Just a word of caution. Food for thought.

I have a FL400 (no "A") NIB. Got it out of my late father-in-law's barn. Too afraid to use it in my SHO or even the Windstar. Original price sticker OSCO Drug $3.19. You can have it for the price of the postage.
smile.gif

This one was stored in a semi heated garage. The original price was $3.49 from K-Mart.It looks perfect and i would not hesitate to use it. The rubber seal still has that slick feel of new rubber. With a mag glass the inside is cleaner than some new filters i have gotten recently. Not a speck of rust. They also had some valvoline p 43's (I think). They were in plastic containers. I may go pick them up just to post them here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back