Contact AAP and AutoZone asking for G-05 or Peak G

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just filled in the CONTACT US forms on both the AAP and AutoZone websites suggesting they carry either Peak Global or Zerex G-05 (or both) in addition to Prestone All Makes/All Models.

Maybe if lots of people from this forum would also contacted them they might listen. Who knows.

Only carrying Prestone All Makes/All Models is like sticking your head in the sand.

I would hate to see people use an inferior antifreeze like a Dex-Clone because G-05 is hard to find.

Last edited:
Most people don't know anything about coolant, the name "All Makes/All Models" makes them think that it is for their vehicle(s) whatever it is.

On the other hand, to most drivers they may ask question like: what the heck is G-05 ? Is it for golf cart ?

I am thinking the people who go into AAP or AZ are do-it-yourselfers and may be more knowledgeable than the avg driver about antifreeze.

Maybe its just the people who go into NAPA who are more knowledgeable?

Why would someone with a Ford or Chrysler (which came with G-05 from the factory) put in a All Makes/All Models DexClone inferior antifreeze?

OK I did my part contacting AZ and AAP.

Originally Posted By: Donald
I am thinking the people who go into AAP or AZ are do-it-yourselfers and may be more knowledgeable than the avg driver about antifreeze.

Maybe its just the people who go into NAPA who are more knowledgeable?

Why would someone with a Ford or Chrysler (which came with G-05 from the factory) put in a All Makes/All Models DexClone inferior antifreeze?

OK I did my part contacting AZ and AAP.

You would think that they would be more knowledgeable, but I don't think many of them do as much researching as most of the people on here.

Last edited:
Quote:

Because most people drive appliances. They need coolant once for their car and find all makes all models, and assume thats the end of it. Ask the counter jockey, and yes, s/he confirms it is good for your ford/chrysler/gm/mazda/toyota/mercedes/kamaz/etc. Its PRESTONE! Store product turns over quickly, so what if some poor sap that cares walks in? Sure sir, This here prestone! all makes is the shiznit, and its on SALE! this week...

Alex.

There's always your friendly neighborhood Ford/Mopar/John Deere dealer.

I prefer John Deere simply because deep down in my black little heart, I still reckon that antifreeze ought to be green. Well, that and I used to work on John Deere equipment- so it's fun to stop by the dealership.

I think the reason that most people don't know anything about coolant is because there is not much info about coolants in the first place. Coolant used to be simple, if its green you're good to go.

But now every single manufacturer has their own formula, their own color, even G-05 has different colors. So how can average Joe make a decision when even dealers will only recommend the stuff they sell?

Until I discovered BITOG I was the same way, All Makes and Models was all I used. Mind you all my previous cars were old beaters that I kept for few years so I did not have any good reasons to care, and I never had cooling problems. Now that I have a new car I do care.

People that visit BITOG are the exception not the rule when it comes to car maintenance, and average person will not spend time researching forums and blogs the way we do. We are obsessed :)

BTW. in Ontario Walmart carries G-05.

I just replaced the water pump on my son in-law 2000 jeep.
He had never had the coolant replaced or flush,the coolant was nasty. The Jeep has 144K on it and I asked him what do you want to do with this nasty coolant ? so I went to auto zone and bought their brand of all makes/ all models, told him to get the system flush out soon.

Originally Posted By: 36_36
I just replaced the water pump on my son in-law 2000 jeep.
He had never had the coolant replaced or flush,the coolant was nasty. The Jeep has 144K on it and I asked him what do you want to do with this nasty coolant ? so I went to auto zone and bought their brand of all makes/ all models, told him to get the system flush out soon.

In 2000 he probably had the old green stuff as factory fill. They switched in 2001 I think. You replaced the old green stuff with a DexClone. Or at least some.

I would suggest he just do 3 drain and refills of the radiator with Peak Global or Zerex G-05 or some old green stuff (hard to find) or anything but a DexClone.

Zerex G-05 would be the top choice since that is what Jeep went to in 2001 as factory fill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back