Cold Start Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
that seat belt ringer sure is annoying! I like your choice of ATF. of course, that would be a perfect climate and test to see if full synthetic allowed it to spin up faster... try it again with Kendall full synth!

Last edited:
Is that an oil pressure gauge on the upper right-hand side of the instrument cluster? It looks like there is low oil pressure.

Originally Posted By: CharlieJ
Is that an oil pressure gauge on the upper right-hand side of the instrument cluster? It looks like there is low oil pressure.

More like no oil pressure! Wow. Gotta be a bad gauge or sender.

Last edited:
That's the thread I was looking for! Yeah the sensor is going bad on me. I have 40 psi pressure cold. Verified with a mechanical gauge.

Originally Posted By: tomcat27
that seat belt ringer sure is annoying!
My Wrangler had one similiar . It was so loud that it was ear piercing at times. My 1st attempt was to fill it with silicone but it was still too loud.

I eventully grabbed it with plyers and twisted it out of it's socket. That fixed it!

Just noticed your signature:

2000 Grand Cherkoee 4.7L V8
-Kendall GT-1 Syn Blend 5w30 | PueOne 30001
-Valvoline ATF+4 | Chrysler NV247 lube
-Shell Spirax ASX 80w140

Good choice on gear oil.

I did check it in the summer. The pumps pressure relief valve opens at 75. I'm sure it's higher in these temperatures.

Thanks Johnny. It's hard to find...

sparkplug is that one of the jeeps with the fake OP gauge driven by the BCM? I wouldn't worry so long as the idiot light stays off...

[img:center]
-1.jpg
[/img]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back