Charter Arms?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know anything about Charter Arms? They manufacture a small line of revolvers only and my local gun store sells them. Their prices are reasonable and I was wondering if they're decent quality. I've never really heard of them before but some of their stuff looks good. Thanks for any info.

MADMIKE,

Charter Arms has been around for a long time and sold to a couple of owners in the past. Their quality has suffered during these buy outs and purchases during the time. In their "heyday" they were consider pretty sturdy and made from solid steel/stainless material instead of aluminum. I had one for a short while and sold it cuz of the low quality standards AT that time. They were the original manufacturers of the AR-7 model which is a copy of the air forces survival rifle for downed pilots. In addition they made a pistol version which was dropped due to it's consideration of being an assault rifle/pistol used by hoodlums. They're out lawed now so if one finds one at a local gun show some consider it a collector. How they're made now (revolvers) I can't say. If the price appeals to you then check it out very throughly and decide for yourself.

Durango
patriot.gif

I have a couple, they seem to be nice guns. Old fashioned study guns. Not as much flair, just a simple service/duty type guns. I like mine, Iv never had any trouble with them. Guns are like women, its all what you like and are looking for.

Charter's 44spl. "Bulldog" has an almost fanatic cult following. Though I've never owned one,I've allways found them desirable. Probably the only reason for not buying is I've been trying to avoid another caliber to reload for!

As with any firearm, if I couldn't feel the action and dryfire and like what I found, I'd not buy.

Bob

The old Charter Arms .38 Undercover revolvers used to be pretty nice, sort of a budget Smith-Wesson airweight model. The last new one I saw at a gun show several years ago looked pretty cheap. The barrel had a liner in it for strength and a matte finish to hide the poor fit and finish. I wasn't impressed at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back