Certified labs grease, primrose, chassis greases?

This company has been hitting all the local trucking companies around me. Switching their grease over and trying to switch over oils. Besides their website I can find very limited information on it. I’m currently using Phillips 66 multiplex 600 for a full chassis grease and their claim to fame is adhesion and it staying in place better. And Kendall super DXA for oil that I’ve been happy with…other then the odor it puts off lol.

Certified labs rep puts a dab of grease in their hand and add water and show how it doesn’t break down. I’m not convinced enough to switch but thought I’d ask on here if anyone’s heard of them. I did a search and all the threads are 9+ years old.

Anything recent? Any chassis grease that has good adhesion to stay in the parts is a plus, so im
Always open to options for chassis grease.

Primrose is another one that’s popping up around me for grease.

Interesting. The first link I clicked on with Careers directed me to becoming a "sales rep."

I think you just got hit with the truck stop version of avon. :)

What the salesperson demonstrated is what pretty much all basic grease is engineered to do: resist water.

Keep doing what works and ignore the peddlers is my basic advice.

Interesting. The first link I clicked on with Careers directed me to becoming a "sales rep."

I think you just got hit with the truck stop version of avon. :)

What the salesperson demonstrated is what pretty much all basic grease is engineered to do: resist water.

Keep doing what works and ignore the peddlers is my basic advice.
I’m not sure what that response is for in terms of a sales rep. I think the company has been around for years. Like I said they’re just going to all the local truck owners and knocking on doors. So I’d like information in case they knock on mine.

The water part I’m aware, I’ve never let that be a deciding factor. But grease does prolong my equipment so the best option is to get all the information I can.

Certified came around here peddling a blue grease in a black barrel. They convinced one of our department managers that the more expensive grease would save money in the long run because they could grease half of the manufacturer's recommendation. Nobody consulted us(the maintenance department). We went back to getting the 16 gallon drums of JT-6 high temp.

In the end they knocked the bearings out of a couple set of very expensive rollers and cost a fortune in downtime. These mills have labyrinth seals on the rollers and require regular lubrication to "make" the seal. I think they grease every 15 minutes of runtime and open the mills at every break and flood them out. Otherwise you lose the seal between the bearings and the sawdust that the mill is compressing.

It's not the grease's fault, but how they went about everything left a bad taste with all of us here. Additionally, we tried their oil analysis program, after not receiving our results for several weeks the rep admitted to loosing the samples we sent with him.

Back