CBS/Hulu Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I usually use Hulu/CBS to catch up on NCIS etc that I miss.
Now when I try to watch them nothing will load. I get a message that says This program is not available , for various reasons. The advertisments won't even load. I can load other programs from Hulu and ABC etc, only CBS causes a problem. I have not installed any new programs on my computer except the latest MS updates. The problem occurs in IE9 and Firefox.
Any ideas you can offer are appreciated.

Thanks Smoky

I love NCIS, but I've had more problems with CBS's video player than anyone elses. It seems we can rarely watch an entire episode without it freezing or buffering forever, and the only fix is to close the browser and start again.

Have you tried using a different web browser? It's also possible that CBS's website is having issues. I can't try it out for you now, as I'm at work.

I recently encountered issues with CBS' internet radio player. The ads played, but no content. Turns out FlashBlock was the culprit. I also had to make some adjustments to NoScript to enable streaming. Frankly, it's amazing how much is running in the background of most webpages....

I'm running WXP, FireFox, with Adblock+, NoScript and FlashBlock.

Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en
Why do you need any more than AdBlock+?

Where's the benefit having the other 2?

NoScript prevents javascript from running at all, and FlashBlock, well, blocks Flash media from playing. While many ads use javascript and Flash to ply their wares, the two blockers do not discriminate whether the media is an ad or not: They just block it from running.

I agree with the sentiment about noscript.

Regarding CBS, I streamed all 7 episodes of this season's Amazing Race in the last 4 days, no problems. Resolution is not the best with 3Mbit Internet at home but oh well. I get all the bars but the HD light does not turn on.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Brons2
I agree with the sentiment about noscript.

Regarding CBS, I streamed all 7 episodes of this season's Amazing Race in the last 4 days, no problems. Resolution is not the best with 3Mbit Internet at home but oh well. I get all the bars but the HD light does not turn on.

Please disclose your streaming website. Always looking to upgrade.
I use fryTVdotcom and the picture is dark, hazy and below 480 pix.... Yuck City.

It's a tough way to watch current episodes of my favorite TV horror show free on AMC (The Walking Dead)
hooked.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back