Castrol GTX 20W-50 Conventional Motor Oil, 5 Quarts, Pack of 3, Amazon, $33

Thank you, ordered 1. Motor oil prices seem volatile the past month, but inflation keeps rising, so resisted ordering 99 cases of 3. Will highly consider using this in K46 transmissions. :)

Youre welcome. What would you use this in? Seems way too thick for my use cases. I don't really go above 10w30 or 0w40. My cars call for 5w20 or 5w30 but I don't mind running the two grades I mentioned.

Youre welcome. What would you use this in? Seems way too thick for my use cases. I don't really go above 10w30 or 0w40. My cars call for 5w20 or 5w30 but I don't mind running the two grades I mentioned.
I have a lot of old stuff, and have some 0w-20 I bought too much of to mix it with. It will find it's way into something!

I have a lot of old stuff, and have some 0w-20 I bought too much of to mix it with. It will find it's way into something!
+1
My Honda is spec'd for 0w20.
Since that's too thin for my liking, I've found a perfect viscosity by blending it 1/2 with 15w40/20w50.
Considering my operating temps are above 32F year-round, there's nothing to worry about.

I use oil like this to top off customers cars that leak/burn a lot.

And as said add this to some thinner oils that may have been on sale, like 5w20, to bring it closer to a 30 weight.

I havent been on here much since the summer thread locking binge,
Truth. Traffic is way down but it's not like this subforum ever had high traffic so it seemed a bit like setting up a speed trap on a sleepy side street.

Whatever, it's not my party so I can't cry if I want to.....

Also I may now be cancelled and shadow-banned.....so it was nice knowing you all :(

Back