Calcium 2449
Magnesium 3
Phosphorus 846
Zinc 1101

All other elements were 0
Flashpoint 430
TBN 7.5
SUS viscosity 55.2@210f

Patman, If you read this which oil do you think is better this one or the Pennzoil 5W20 VOA that I had done. It is listed on page 2 in this forum.I plan on using one of them in my 2003 Accord.

Thanks

Between the Castrol and the Pennzoil, I would take the Pennzoil. More moly and I bet the base oil is better (more shear stable).
dunno.gif

--- Bror Jace

The Castrol is thicker but the Pennzoil has more moly, plus a good amount of boron. It's too bad we don't have the boron number for Castrol though. It's a toss up, I'm not sure which I'd choose actually.

[ March 29, 2003, 05:52 AM: Message edited by: Patman ]

Cdavid, thanks for posting this. I am currently using the Castrol 5w20 in my 2002 Ranger and was hoping to see this info! I went with the Castrol because it's the brand of oil I've used for the last 18 years, has some moly, a good flash point, is thicker at operating temps than some other 20's and its on sale right now at Advance for $1.38/qt.

If I did the conversion correctly, the Castrol tested 8.95 cst@100 C. That's on the upper end for 20 weights. I know a few 30 weights are under 10 cst@100 C.

between both those oils i would pick castrol bc if you look at the zddp additive package, the castrol has a lot more zinc and phosphorus than the pennzoil does. Theres not that much difference in the moly count, so no benefit there. Besides, i have yet to add a drop of oil to my honda 02 ex after driving it hard for 4000 miles on this oil.

Looks pretty good. Is Boron a fairly new additive? Seems to really help. TBN is kind of weak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back