Canadian Walmart and Fram

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking north for lower prices...hangin' at WallyWorld in Surrey. Fram, and nothing but. I'm serious NO other brands.

The WallyWorld in Bellingham has the house 'tech brand, Ford (GREAT price on thw FL-1A), some Fram and AC Delco....no wonder the Bellingham WW is full of Canadian LP's. (not)

Oil prices in Can. WW were so-so and stock was picked over. The best thing about shopping WW in Canada: SOME items (read: wife stuff) is the exact same marked numerical price in US and Canada, regardless of currency - so it's like 1/3 off.....

The Walmarts in Ontario all sell AC Delco filters too. They are sold for between $3 to $4 each here, so when you convert to US dollars it's cheaper here. Our AC Delcos up here are made by Wix in Cambridge ON. Not sure where the US Duraguard AC Delcos are made, do you guys know?

Sorry to get off topic Pablo, but I noticed the same thing on a trip to the States a couple of years ago...that being that the numerical price for consumable goods, meals, hotel rooms were exactly the same! Like you said, a enormous discount for you guys! I have wondered ever since why Americans don't flock up here for shopping sprees?

Ron - only certain things are this way, and less frequently I might add (especially the border cities) - that's why not a whole bunch of USA'ers shopping. Many items are already "adjusted" (ie 0.64 U$D item is indeed 1.00 Can$.....so bumme for me) There is a table saw I'm eyeballing...., see it's item by item...

You can tell the newbies in my area (from other US states) - "oh let's shop everything in Canada", but we shop both!

[ November 29, 2002, 09:44 AM: Message edited by: Pablo ]

Oh yes, I forgot to mention that too! One of the Walmarts near my house has a "store within a store" that sells auto parts, and that's where I found the Purolator Premium Plus and PureONE filters for a decent price.

I find that Ontario and Quebec WalMarts do not sell a big variety of AC Delco filters. But good thing there is a UAP NAPA and a Carquest a few minutes from where I live. Patman is lucky that one of his WalMarts offer Purolator filters for a very good price.

Regards,

Oz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back