Can you ID these old rifles?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you ID these rifles?

Old_guns-1.jpg

Old_guns-2.jpg

73 winchester and a remington rolling block , and can make out what the other one is.

One is an 1873 Winchester.

Here's a hint: They all three are Winchesters.

1873 Winchester.
Winchester "High Wall" single shot
1886 Winchester

Edit: Nope! I wuz wrong.
The 3rd rifle is a model 1876 Winchester.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: Al
Duder on the right isn't (wasn't) into gun safety

Back then, people were smarter and had common sense. Bet it was unloaded, safety was on.....

G-man, relatives???

Originally Posted By: unDummy
Originally Posted By: Al
Duder on the right isn't (wasn't) into gun safety

Back then, people were smarter and had common sense. Bet it was unloaded, safety was on.....

G-man, relatives???

Common sense would dictate not resting your hand on the muzzle of a gun.

Common says not rest hand on muzzle of a "loaded gun". We've taken excessively to safety because of the fools in this world. Being safe is one thing. Having to be quadruple safe with everything shows society's competence level.

I think there is a big difference between those with common sense from the ol' days when compared with the nincompoops of today's society.

Are these your kids or you?
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_fea_parenting_nincompoops

BTW, I also know that I shouldn't stick my fingers in the fan. I know my coffee is too hot to spill on my crotch. And, I don't need AC outlet protectors for the kids 'cause they know better then to stick their fingers there.....

Bunny ears, bunny ears, side by side, round the tree, jump inside, through the hole, and pull it tight, if you made bunny ears, you did it right.
Woohoo, taught another 25yo, master degree'd coworker how to tie his sneakers. And yes, had to quote the company "dress code" and "OSHA" to force him to keep those laces tied always.

Most certainly correct unDummy.

Especially considering that in those days, their gun was probably in their hand more often than a fork is to us...not a couple hours a week at the range with a few other people who maybe handle them once or twice a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back