Can Coolant Solutions Be Chemically Analyzed Like Oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering the disputes that rage over various coolant technologies, can coolant solutions be chemically analyzed for metal content like oil can?

For example, if someone changed their green coolant at the same time I changed my Dexcool in the same engine / car type with similar mileage, would the amount of dissolved aluminium have any significance?

[ March 31, 2003, 10:14 PM: Message edited by: Ron-Indy ]

Ron, good question. I don't know if the metals in the coolant would mean anything. It stands to reason that they would.

You can buy test strips that test the coolant PH. Testing that would give a good indication of how "worn out" the coolant was.

Ron,

Coolant can be tested, and while I don't know the implications of the results, a substantial number of criteria can be measured. Check out www.ctclink.com I believe I will be sending them a coolant sample in the near future mostly because I'm nuts.
grin.gif

[ April 03, 2003, 11:15 PM: Message edited by: nicrfe1370 ]

Definately. I bought a ten-pack of sampling bottles, one I used for used coolant. The results were a bit goofy but then again I suspect that they assumed I had a large diesel semi
confused.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back