call quality issues with the g2

Status
Not open for further replies.
So 6 days ago we took the plunge ans upgraded. My wife got the 5s which she ended up exchanging in favor of the g2 I originally got the g2. We have an air rave in our home and the phone gets good signal but calls are static and cutting in an out prone, I have tried everything and its an ongoing issue? Whats the deal here? Anyone else have these issues? Im extremely annoyed.

I'm assuming your AIRAVE is a femtocell?

How is it connected? Do you have this in front of, or behind your router/firewall?

I currently have an AT&T Microcell and an Ooma behind an older Cisco PIX. The Ooma seems fine but it only requires about 384 kbps up and down. The Microcell allegedly requires a lot more. The Microcell at times will provide us with sub-standard call quality and the typical cutting in and out.

Soon I will be soon upgrading to a SonicWall TZ180 which will allow me to prioritize the traffic from these two devices. Perhaps you're having an issue with bandwidth? I know the Microcell allows you to connect it before your firewall/router which will give it priority over any other node. I'm not too sure how locked down yours is, but the AT&T has NO management options whatsoever. I don't feel comfortable having a device outside of my network that is handling my cellular traffic without me being able to manage it.

Originally Posted By: Donald
How is the call quality in an area with good cell reception (normal cell towers, no Air Rave)?

Still random choppyness about the same as it is with the air rave

Android phones have the stupid "voice privacy" option. Turn that off, as it tends to reduce call quality. It's typically buried in the options somewhere.

Originally Posted By: dparm
Android phones have the stupid "voice privacy" option. Turn that off, as it tends to reduce call quality. It's typically buried in the options somewhere.

Thanks. Had no idea such a thing existed. Took a while to figure out where it is, too.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: dparm

Thanks. Had no idea such a thing existed. Took a while to figure out where it is, too.

You have to reboot the phone for that setting change to take effect, FYI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back