BP safety violations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It all kind of fits to me.

Remember when the sniveling little ghoul CEO was caught
whining on camera by accident stating " I want my life back."

Mr. Tony Hayward....those millions of folks in the Gulf want their "lives back" too. At least you get to go home to a mansion with all the perks at the end of the day, what do those poor folks have to look forward to? Fighting to get the damages money BP says they will pay out?

Last edited:
Wait until everything is all said and done, this company will immediately go to **** for all the damages they have done in the Gulf of Mexico. How much you want to bet that Castrol will eventually be made by another Oil company later down the road?

Tempest, surely the market, which requires LESS regulation in your view, and less tax payer funded bureaucracies to function efficiently doesn't need monthly inspections to do the right thing.

Inspections only find safety issues and breaches if the company is operating poorly to begin with.

How is bureaucrats failing to pick up BPs multiple infractions in any way responsible for BPs multiple infractions ?

Would the situation improve with LESS regulation like you keep demanding ?

How ?

As is very obvious in Ternderloin's post (as well as one I posted a while back) is that the regulators aren't competent to enforce there own regulations. They can't even get their own records right much less actually be able to inspect a complicated drilling rig.

You are intentionally leaving out the fact that this very rig was given high marks for safety by the regulators that were overseeing them, and yet this accident happened.
My point is that you can't regulate your way to perfection. Drilling is a dangerous activity, and drilling a mile down is relatively new. There are going to be accidents.

Still, the vast majority of oil drilling has been very safe. Even with very large hurricanes that have gone through the area in the last few years there has been very little oil lost.

Originally Posted By: Tempest
My point is that you can't regulate your way to perfection.

I agree, but you need to tell us how industry will give better outcomes with less regulation.

Originally Posted By: Shannow

I agree, but you need to tell us how industry will give better outcomes with less regulation.

Even with the very lax oversight that the government has put on drilling industry (by all accounts), there hasn't been a major spill in over 30 years.

Obviously, tight oversight isn't needed to produce a very safe drilling record. Other oil companies have a good safety record according to the OP's postings.

And do you think that the other oil companies are redoubling their efforts to make sure this doesn't happen to them? BP is getting killed for this.

They lobbie the congre$$ so they do not need any stinking rules. I was told by a wise man that it is better to regulate yourself rather than have the government regulate you. I would say the CEO could have cut corners to get the big bonus.

BP is the biggest supplier of fuel to the pentagon. The military will get what they want and BP will be allowed to do what it takes to deliver it to them.

Originally Posted By: Vizzy

It all kind of fits to me.

Remember when the sniveling little ghoul CEO was caught
whining on camera by accident stating " I want my life back."

Mr. Tony Hayward....those millions of folks in the Gulf want their "lives back" too. At least you get to go home to a mansion with all the perks at the end of the day, what do those poor folks have to look forward to? Fighting to get the damages money BP says they will pay out?
The biggest difference will be that the CEO will get his bazilion dollar bonus as he is fired or quits etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back