Bought my first handgun today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superbuick96

Site Donor 2023
http://www.taurususa.com/2010catalog/?catalog_page=32
Picked up this new .38 at a local gunshow today for $300.00 plus tx. I saw the same gun at another table for $369.00, and online at various stores from $330.00-$380.00. From some of the reviews this lil Taurus .38 is a good realible gun, that is sometimes hard to come by. IM happy with the purchase
thumbsup2.gif

What about ammunition? I hope you stocked up on some good deals on large quantities of bulk shells. Seems like everyone in Coney Island these days has a gun or is in the process of acquiring a firearm. Must be the state of the economy.

I did buy some ammo,not a ton maybe next gun show. Wish OH was and open-carry state, I have to go through hours of training, and probably pay through the nose for it.

After today's incident, I expect some new laws to stifle law abiding citizens and do nothing about criminals.

Taurus revolvers are good guns and shoot well.

Originally Posted By: Superbuick96
http://www.taurususa.com/2010catalog/?catalog_page=32
Picked up this new .38 at a local gunshow today for $300.00 plus tx. I saw the same gun at another table for $369.00, and online at various stores from $330.00-$380.00. From some of the reviews this lil Taurus .38 is a good realible gun, that is sometimes hard to come by. IM happy with the purchase
thumbsup2.gif

Congrats and enjoy! I've got several Taurus products and have been mostly satisfied with every one of them.

Quote:
The only two recommended self defense loads for 38 special are the Speer Gold-Dot 135+p and the Corbon DPX 110+p.

lol.gif

Sirhan Sirhan, Tex Watson, John Hinckley Jr, et-al... can use a .22 pretty effectively, but if you don't have +P rounds in your .38, you're doomed.

Like I read somewhere on the internetz, practice with regular rounds, conceil carry protection with +P rounds

Practice with the same rounds that you plan on carrying with. Don't want any surprises.

Originally Posted By: Superbuick96
.... I have to go through hours of training, and probably pay through the nose for it.

Nothing wrong with training. Everybody should have thorough training. Many go through drivers training, drivers ed, ... to get a drivers license. Should be the same for open or CCW.

Originally Posted By: unDummy
Practice with the same rounds that you plan on carrying with. Don't want any surprises.

I disagree. You should confirm your defense rounds feed and function reliably (in case of semi-auto), but past that, for practicing one should use cheaper ammo. It's just too expensive to be using your go-to ammo for punching holes in paper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back