Bought a toro 826le snowblower - pics. What oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah SAE30 is a pretty ridiculous recommendation for a snow blower. I'd personally buy a 5 quart jug of the cheapest 5w30 syn you can find and use that, should be enough oil for a couple years of changes.

I've got a Tecumseh 10.5 on my blower and I run GC 0W30 on the slightly over full side on the dipstick . Great engines really if you look after them . My garage is pretty cold so I like to see the oil ready to splash when started cold , that is why I like to use a 0WX grade and fill on the full+ side .

A snow blower generally see's little use compared to a mower so an oil change should be good for 2-3 years . Mine is going into it's 8th season since I bought it new in 2005 .

OP , keep all your cables and chute track lubed as well as the wheel to axle , you don't want things icing or rusting . Fluid film or any light oil is good .

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: nitehawk55
Fluid film or any light oil is good .

Fluid Film has kept all my snowblower's bright metal bright for years! It's only a light duty lube (good enough for cables) but a fabulous rust protector (if you can stand the sheepy smell)!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back