BMW FRM on 2011 E90. new or repair

A friend of mine changed out the battery on his 2011 e90 . after that he got error messages and no windows or light. Classic symptoms of a bad Footwell module.

So a new one is around $500 and need to be programmed . i found a place in Colorado that says they fix them and don't need to be programmed. $99 anyone use these kinds of service? it a huge difference in cost .

A friend of mine changed out the battery on his 2011 e90 . after that he got error messages and no windows or light. Classic symptoms of a bad Footwell module.

So a new one is around $500 and need to be programmed . i found a place in Colorado that says they fix them and don't need to be programmed. $99 anyone use these kinds of service? it a huge difference in cost .

I haven't but it's not unheard of within the BMW community to have avaialble a source for repair/replacement parts for items which are not sold as repairable from BMW. Ex, Instrument clusters, DISA valves.

I haven't but it's not unheard of within the BMW community to have avaialble a source for repair/replacement parts for items which are not sold as repairable from BMW. Ex, Instrument clusters, DISA valves.
Concur. I sent my E23 instrument cluster out for repair and it came back better than new

Reactions: D60
Back