Bluetooth FM Transmitter

I purchased a Monster from Walmart that doesn't even work, I got it connected to the BT on my phone and the station configured but nothing even comes through the radio and I made sure the volume was turned up all the way. I also have a BT speaker that works just fine so I know it's not the phone and configured properly. I ended up getting a different one from Amazon that worked without a hitch. I have the Bose stereo in my 2004 GMC Sierra and the 6 disc is having issues reading CDs which I haven't even used in several years. If I replace the radio it's a total pain, you have to get adapters which is an added cost and you still lose functionality, even if I replace with another factory unit the vin and the stereo system you have is coded into the radio and you need a dealer or someone with a tech 2 scanner.

I found another option online that basically takes a factory radio and adds bluetooth functionality built into the unit, it comes unlocked but you still need someone to program it to the vehicle for you. In both my Civic's I replaced the radio's with digital media receivers that doesn't even come with a cd player.

Here is the unit that works:

I have one for my work vehicle as it does not have Bluetooth. It set up in 2 minutes and works great. Sound quality is good. People complain when I try to use it as a phone, so it's not perfect. But I have access to so many sources of entertainment now. Before I bought it, I had to listed to radio for two days and that was torture.

I have one for my work vehicle as it does not have Bluetooth. It set up in 2 minutes and works great. Sound quality is good. People complain when I try to use it as a phone, so it's not perfect. But I have access to so many sources of entertainment now. Before I bought it, I had to listed to radio for two days and that was torture.
I don't really talk and drive but not that I get that many phone calls anyways. It has a usb port that I've copied a lot of mp3 files and tested it so if I have music loaded I don't really need to have the phone connected. From what I can tell the better solution is to get the ones that connect inline behind the radio, most have rca jacks and you'd still need an adapter or a 3.5mm cord but Google has dropped the headphone port from the pixel phones so I'd need a special usb c adapter and with an extra port for charging.

Back