Blue Devil for coolant leak?

Status
Not open for further replies.
UOA detected a small coolant leak in my beloved Sentra 1.8. Does Blue Devil work? It costs $60 and has a money back guarantee.

Someone said it will take out your water pump but seals the head gasket very well. I'm thinking about trying it vs spending hundreds of dollars on a new head gasket. Some people say the HG on this car will keep failing but I find that hard to believe if it's fixed right. If HG issues keep re-appearing, then maybe then I will decided to part with this car,

As the car is now, it has very few symptoms. I could keep running it indefinitely and it may never progress any worse than it is now. It runs awesome, doesn't use any oil, and looks great.

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
http://www.rxauto.com/

That stuff is supposed to work good. Bars also has two head gasket solutions; one is a sealant that you permanently leave in. The other is a kit similar to the Thermogasket.

Good idea.
thumbsup2.gif

This is the product I decided to go with. Cost me $125 shipped. It includes a flush kit that'll enable me to flush my own cooling system from now on.
cool.gif
He says there's about a 95% chance it'll solve my HG issue and I tend to believe him.

He recommends using only 25% AF in cooling systems in my area. He says this ratio is less corrosive to aluminum and will run cooler.
cool.gif
:)

I definitely will.
thumbsup2.gif

I'm going to do it all myself, which he recommends. First I flush all the coolant out, and then add water and the solution, then run the car for at least 40 or 50 miles that day, and then at least 200 miles more before flushing the system again and putting the AF mixture back in.

The thermostat is not removed with this stuff. He says I should save my AF and reuse it. He also said I don't need to do an OCI afterward because any coolant left in my oil will evaporate. Plus, my oil only has 50 miles on it or so now because I just did OCI last week.

I'll keep a close eye on the coolant level of the reservoir. There's a 3" space between max and min lines in the reservoir, and at present it's only down about 1" since 8/09 when I did a coolant flush. It was up to the "max" line when we did the flush.

My dad has the same 03 Sentra 1.8L. He's in Memphis, TN. I'm interested in your results as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back