Backup Power

Al

Over the last few months I set up a backup power system. It consists of Jackery 1 KWH power inverter/battery, a jackery 170 WH, 2 KKWH Lithium Battery, 1KW lead gel Battery, 2 100W solar panels, 400watt inverter, battery charger,1700 Watt Generator...associated switches,receptacles etc.

I initially had the batteries and Jackery hooked together. I decided to separate them. To go to backup its a matter of flipping a switch and I get powery either from the bateries, jackery or Generator. It powers computer, TV, Lights (all led) internet. All hooked to 3 power strips.

I learned a lot. Lots of new connectors for the solar connectors. Either the Jackery or batteries are recharged by a separate backlighted switch. I decided to keep the systems separate for reliability. I really needed to keep it simple for the wife.

If I had to do it all over again I would buy two or three 2.4KW lithium batteries instead of the 1KW Jackery. The nice thing is my addition where I use the power has a propane stove with a 500 gal (400 actual gallons) of propane.I normally keep enough food for a couple months. I'm good for the winter more or less.

IMG-4155.jpg

IMG-3930.jpg

[/img]https://i.postimg.cc/zXwTjJpR/IMG-4022.jpg[/img]
IMG-3948.jpg

Back