Anyone here ever cook on/with their engine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Supposedly fishermen cooked fish on their boat engines quite regularly.

I used to dry out my gloves on the manifold when I did water well work.

I think the US version of Top Gear did some cooking on the engine.
There is enough heat, and ranges of heat to cook safely on it, you just need to think a bit, and maybe do some experimenting.

Does your car have a 110 outlet? If not, buy a cheap inverter plug in a crockpot and your meal will be ready when you get there. Much better than the novelty of cooking a [censored] meal on the manifold. Better yet, pickup some twice fried wings at Coyote Adobe in Springfield for dinner.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: RhondaHonda
Does your car have a 110 outlet? If not, buy a cheap inverter plug in a crockpot and your meal will be ready when you get there. Much better than the novelty of cooking a [censored] meal on the manifold. Better yet, pickup some twice fried wings at Coyote Adobe in Springfield for dinner.

huh.. that place is only about 2mi south of the Hotel(Best Western Route 66 Rail Haven)...you live in Springfield RhondaHonda?
but no, no 110 outlets,and I wouldn't want to hook up a crock pot in the car anyway. too much chance of it slopping over and making a mess inside the car. besides, to me, that would be cheating. this whole thing is about the Novelty to me. if the meal sucks, so be it. XP earned, Lesson Learned. Check off that box on the "I've always wanted to try that" list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back