Any recent experiences with Allegiant?

Hey folks:

I'm in a situation where I may need to make a last minute trip to Florida. (Sick family member scenario, combined with a spouse that hates to fly).

Allegiant is my only choice with direct flights. (Other option is a drive to from home to BWI or PHL).

Anyone have any recent experiences? (I have always avoided them because of mechanical problems / cancellations with their MD-80 fleet, but understand they are flying 320s now).

3 round trips so far in the past year or so...fleet is night and day different now that the mad dogs are gone and no connections = less likelihood of cancellation for whatever reason on a leg of the journey. The fact that the crews almost always start and finish at base every day also reduces your chances of a cancellation due to crew.

Book with confidence IMO.

Reactions: hrv
I have flown them 6 times in the past 4 years and they are great...Also they really treat the Military and Veteran great also...If you are Military or former be sure you check out there perks for the military....it will save you some money on extra charges like luggage...

Friends and family use them routinely to visit from Pittsburgh. Used to be a little iffy on snacks and such, but no issues lately. Everybody managed to get here safely and on time.
New route: Nonstop, Canton/Akron to Orlando Sanford $38.00!

Relatives just flew them Springfield, MO to LAX direct on 7/2. On time with no complaints. Impressive since usually have to fly from KC which is over 100 miles driving from their home . Usually entails a stop in Denver, Phoenix, or LV. Southwest most commonly. Wonder how much longer they will offer this flight. Smaller airports are getting the screws.

Sorry to chime in late but we often fly from Cedar Rapids to Phoenix and back and their Bombardier CRJ900's are pretty good aircraft.

Allegiant doesn't fly RJs, the fleet is exclusively A319/320 and soon they will be going to B737s.
My bad, you're right it was American Airlines (Mesa Air Subsidiary) that has the CRJ's. :oops: We have flown Allegiant into Mesa but lately we have been using American to fly directly into Sky Harbor because I do the driving around Phoenix and I don't like to drive the extra hour from Mesa. I do like the more relaxed atmosphere at Mesa, but....

BTW, the exit signs from Sky Harbor onto I-10 were really in disarray the last time we flew into Phoenix.

Last edited:
So this is different. At booking, I paid the fee to allow a flight change. (At least I thought I could do a flight change).

Had to change the return leg - the website kept returning an error. Hold time was 2+ hours, Chat was not available.

I figured that a no show would result in forfeiting the flight - so I cancelled it - thinking they would just issue a voucher. Bad move - but this also seems to just forfeit the leg.

I sent an email, but I'm not expecting much of a response.

On the outbound flight - they somehow miscounted passengers, which delayed departure. Landing in Florida during a thunderstorm resulted in 2+ hours on the plane waiting for the stairs.

I know weather is a variable - but my nervous flyer is taking AA back (with a connection).

Back