Android Cell Phone AntiVirus

My phone doesn't do automatic virus scans like that, and doesn't have the capability. So my only option is to put an antivirus app on it.
I may have missed it...what is this phone? My 2017 OnePlus 5 has the same automatic scanning in the play store app.

You can also go into settings and check every now and then for updates to play store as sometimes they are available and haven't auto updated.
However if you're really worried about it, you should probably purchase a newer that is still getting security updates. I would go with a used pixel or galaxy s a couple years old over any new budget phone.

View attachment 200447

View attachment 200448
Someones upto date with their Rainmans Auto Repairs F350 ulv atf replacement video.

Secondly at OP, What device do you use and what OS does it run from the about page in android?

Someones upto date with their Rainmans Auto Repairs F350 ulv atf replacement video.

Secondly at OP, What device do you use and what OS does it run from the about page in android?
It was an f150 actually lol. 10R140. Lol. I like his channel.
Edit: I wasn't even paying attention, just listening to it in the background. Apparently it was an f350. Lol.

Last edited:
I may have missed it...what is this phone? My 2017 OnePlus 5 has the same automatic scanning in the play store app.
It's an LG running some kind of Google OS I think (phone info doesn't specifically say), Android version 7.0.

7.0? Does it have a crank on the side for when you want to make calls? 🤣
It's been a really good phone and still works fine. Plus it has a replaceable $15 battery that can be swamped out in 30 seconds (the first one lasted over 5 years, but swapped it just "because") ... not like those $1000 throw away phones where the battery is basically sealed. Just think how much money I saved not buying a new $1000 phone every couple years ... enough to pay for half of my new KLX300. 😄;) I'm going to look and see if I can jump ship to another carrier and get a good new phone for nearly free ... still some deals like that.

It's been a really good phone and still works fine. Plus it has a replaceable $15 battery that can be swamped out in 30 seconds (the first one lasted over 5 years, but swapped it just "because") ... not like those $1000 throw away phones where the battery is basically sealed. Just think how much money I saved not buying a new $1000 phone every couple years. 😄;) I'm going to look and see if I can jump ship to another carrier and get a good new phone for nearly free ... still some deals like that.

Motorola makes some really solid mid range devices and stepped in to fill the void left when LG pulled out of the mobile market. Replaceable batteries are a thing of the past, sadly.

Last edited:
Motorola makes some really solid devices mid range devices and stepped in to fill the void left when LG pulled out of the mobile market. Replaceable batteries are a thing of the past, sadly.
Looking around on-line, might be able to get a Motorola "moto g 5G - 2023" for free for example. Need to call a local store and get some details. Other brands like Samsung may be available too ... have to do some research.

It's been a really good phone and still works fine. Plus it has a replaceable $15 battery that can be swamped out in 30 seconds (the first one lasted over 5 years, but swapped it just "because") ... not like those $1000 throw away phones where the battery is basically sealed. Just think how much money I saved not buying a new $1000 phone every couple years ... enough to pay for half of my new KLX300. 😄;) I'm going to look and see if I can jump ship to another carrier and get a good new phone for nearly free ... still some deals like that.
Unfortunately batteries are replaceable only by taking the phone apart now. Lg was making pretty good phones towards the end but they are no more. I'm planning to keep my lg v60 for a couple more years at least even if I have to replace the battery.

Looking around on-line, might be able to get a Motorola "moto g 5G - 2023" for free for example. Need to call a local store and get some details. Other brands like Samsung may be available too ... have to do some research.
Cricket wireless has a few free options may need to take their $60 plan for a few months to get the free phone.

Metro by tmo is another option

With very FEW examples there is no such thing as free. You can always almost find a better price with your device in most cases.
There has certainly been price creep in cell service this past year. But you can still get unlimited service without many options for $30 a month, including tax.

Back