Amsoil conicals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:

Which of the Amsoil conicals have the open mouth design? Does the 4090 have it?

They all have an "open mouth", so yes the 4090 has the same cool feature.

Quote:

Unique Design
To increase filter surface area and the volume of air entering the engine, the top of the Ea Air Induction Filter is cut away. The media is inserted in a conical form pointing toward the direction of airflow.

Oh I thought you were interested in the 4090 which does have the inverted cone. Honestly I haven't touched an oval one with an offset - 4091 is both oval tapered and offset- this may be the only reason there is no cone.

I'm trying to decide between the 4090 and 4091. I like the look of the inverted cone but if i'm looking at the measurements correctly the 4091 has more surface area and should theoretically flow more?

Yes. Both surface areas are segments of circle, and without running the numbers the 4091 looks like it has more surface area. As for the 4090, the depth (h) of the cone is not given, but that should be included. Maybe estimate h=4.5" and use the flange ID (?) for d. (d=4")

Non-official calculations. Lots of built in SWAG's:

4090 = 120 sq in (includes inner cone estimate)
4091 = 150 sq in

4091 is not so simple to calculate....some asumptions about the shape. Oval like a race track......take a shot at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back