Adjusted the valves on my jd garden tractor

I adjusted the valves on my jd 330. It has the 3 cyl yanmar diesel. Got some rocker and valve cover shots. It has around 1200 hours on it.
A0B27AE2-DB94-4A75-A971-3C5261EFA873.jpeg
BD4742AC-6629-464F-B77A-064705FBDAE4.jpeg

very nice and very clean. Love the 300 series, have a few 316, couple 318 and a 400. No Diesels though.

330 is a awesome kinda rare unit. What implements do you have?

Very nice. I have seen a few 332 units but never a 330.

I have a 1984 318 with about 1700 hrs on it. I adjusted the valves last summer and it appeared that I was the first to do it. The intake valves were on the loose side of the spec, and the exhaust were borderline too tight.

Oh man everyone wants to know the before adjustment spec. Im sorry to say i didnt get it. I adjusted the valves around 500 hours and this was just me doing them again. I just loosened the rockers per the fsm and then set them to .008

very nice and very clean. Love the 300 series, have a few 316, couple 318 and a 400. No Diesels though.

330 is a awesome kinda rare unit. What implements do you have?
As far as i know this tractor has been garaged for either most or all of its life. I remember it when i was a child in the late 90s early 2000s and it was always garaged then. It has only ever had the 46” deck and it was used only to mow grass. I just put a model 43 front blade on it that i got from a 110 square fender on Craigslist. Still has what i believe are the original good year tires on the back. Front arent original as they wear out from turning. Only modification i made is put the 2 brake pedal system in from a 318/322/332. I still have the parts to put it back to stock but i get stuck too often without the dual brakes.
F9EDB46F-5E17-4086-B07C-AA0D99A6C0B1.jpeg

As far as i know this tractor has been garaged for either most or all of its life. I remember it when i was a child in the late 90s early 2000s and it was always garaged then. It has only ever had the 46” deck and it was used only to mow grass. I just put a model 43 front blade on it that i got from a 110 square fender on Craigslist. Still has what i believe are the original good year tires on the back. Front arent original as they wear out from turning. Only modification i made is put the 2 brake pedal system in from a 318/322/332. I still have the parts to put it back to stock but i get stuck too often without the dual brakes.View attachment 133897
Looks like the original Goodyear Softrac out back there. Had a set on a 316 when I got it. Looks to be in great shape original paint. Very nice thanks for sharing a pic.

My original 316 my Dad bought for me. It is an '84 and will be getting a 3/4 resto this or next year. Have all of the original sheet metal sitting in my attic in plastic wrap that has been powder coated JD Green. Have and had a few 316, 318, etc. but this particular 316 is sentimental being the first JD I had and from my Dad.

I used to blow snow with mine with a singe stage 49 blower. That duty will be going to the 1025R next year with a new 47" or 54" HD 3-point front mount blower.

Additionally, I have a rear end I bought from a scrapped 420 that I will be putting in my 316 to give it diff lock and high/low range.

Great units and a 330 always peaks my interest as being basically a Diesel 316 and only one model year produced. Hopefully this isn't derailing your thread too much! Back to the matter at hand though, your Yanmar looks new and should continue to provide you many years of service.

Nice! I had a 1992 332 with the 3cylinder Yanmar diesel w a 3 point hitch, ag tires, turning plow, bagger, and a front mount dethatcher. It was a beast that just sipped fuel, and I never should have sold it! :( ‘My tractor forum‘ under the GT section is a wealth of knowledge.(y)

Nice! I had a 1992 332 with the 3cylinder Yanmar diesel w a 3 point hitch, ag tires, turning plow, bagger, and a front mount dethatcher. It was a beast that just sipped fuel, and I never should have sold it! :( ‘My tractor forum‘ under the GT section is a wealth of knowledge.(y)
Yeah the best part is definitely the fuel savings. It normally takes me around 3 hours to mow and i can get two mowings per tank at full throttle. I couldn’t imagine how much gasoline it would take.

Back