A better toaster back then

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by sloinker
https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/...ea9a5567d2dbb80a5535779&action=click

lol.gif

We have had 2. Sadly the last one had an element fail after about 50 years use. Best toaster ever made.

Look at Ebay prices on survivors. Oh!!!!

No comparison to the junk I bought to replace it.

Rod

I always thought Eli Wallach was the Devil.

Why keep a possessed toaster ?

Because it makes good toast.

Good toast is underrated.

Ok StevieC, hats off to you for this one.

My parents received this toaster as a wedding gift in the early 1960s. It sat in their first home, second home, moved to western VA with them and was still in use probably 10-15 years ago, an absolute fixture in our family's kitchen for decades. I always thought it was a neat device and apparently it is.

Thanks!

Stuff made back then was built to last forever. My gf's parents have a refrigerator that belonged to her dad's parents that was made in the early 1950s. It sits on their back porch used to store additional food that won't fit in their indoor unit. Still works perfectly!

Originally Posted by simple_gifts
Ok StevieC, hats off to you for this one.

My parents received this toaster as a wedding gift in the early 1960s. It sat in their first home, second home, moved to western VA with them and was still in use probably 10-15 years ago, an absolute fixture in our family's kitchen for decades. I always thought it was a neat device and apparently it is.

Thanks!

cheers3.gif

Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
Stuff made back then was built to last forever. My gf's parents have a refrigerator that belonged to her dad's parents that was made in the early 1950s. It sits on their back porch used to store additional food that won't fit in their indoor unit. Still works perfectly!

A friend of mine has a 1960's refrigerator and it's still in use today, I think he had to change a capacitor in it (with a retrofit one) and has to defrost the freezer monthly but other than that it keeps on going and going.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back