2023-24 Prius opinion? Need a new car soon

Anyone heard or experienced good or bad on the new Gen Prius? Seems like the Prius became the new Crown Vic for cabs. Looking at buying one for the wife's new commuter. Our Juke is approaching 200k miles and has been trouble free minus a a/c compressor. Would like another 200k+ car with better mileage. The 200hp at 50mpg is tempting. So far used is losing almost no value no matter the mileage.

the 2024 Prius Prime is quite the spaceship. 220hp. 0-60mph in 6,4 s. i've seen it done by Redline reviews. in Canada it is 50 000 dollars. before any taxes. i really like the look. it's a winner for Toyota. Toyota is on fire currently and it's like they are on a mission to crush the automotive world. they are playing a worldwide chess game and they are winning. focusing on hybrids and PHEV was the greatest boss move ever made. the latest Priuses are no joke. the Prime is only available as front wheel drive unfortunately.

the 2024 Prius Prime is quite the spaceship. 220hp. 0-60mph in 6,4 s. i've seen it done by Redline reviews. in Canada it is 50 000 dollars. before any taxes. i really like the look. it's a winner for Toyota. Toyota is on fire currently and it's like they are on a mission to crush the automotive world. they are playing a worldwide chess game and they are winning. focusing on hybrids and PHEV was the greatest boss move ever made. the latest Priuses are no joke. the Prime is only available as front wheel drive unfortunately.
I'm looking for the base, non prime/fwd is ideal for us. Looking for max reliability

If you're serious, get some quotes from New England dealers-- we're apparently the friendliest (cheapest) wholesale distributor region in the country. Even with the road trip and plane ticket you can come out ahead.

Awesome car, absolutely stunning to look at. I’d buy one in a NY second. Toyota has hybrids figured out……if the dealer had some stock I’d go trade my car.

I like the new Prius. Good performance, and the same excellent MPG.

I typically drive fast and hard and still achieve world class economy in a Prius.

The Prime version is even faster and will go 30-40 miles on a charge. But suffers a little if operated on gas only.

If you can handle the price markups, the Prius will be very reliable, sporty and fun to look at and drive.

I am closing in on 300k miles total on M20A-FKS and M20A-FXS engines, and can vouch that this is Toyota's latest version of a bulletproof engine.

LOL. If your wife is happy with a Juke for 200k miles, she will be overjoyed with the new Prius !

I like the new Prius. Good performance, and the same excellent MPG.

I typically drive fast and hard and still achieve world class economy in a Prius.

The Prime version is even faster and will go 30-40 miles on a charge. But suffers a little if operated on gas only.
That sounds so much better than my wife's Prius C. I think the hamster in hers must be getting old.

In fairness to the dealers, they can only add what used to be called a price pack if the market will bear it, just as Tesla can only price their cars according to what the market will bear. For every transaction there has to be someone on both the sell and the buy side and dealers do compete with one another to attract buyers in a normal market.
The dealer as intermediary cannot defy the market in what they can get for a car at retail. Too high a price and inventory piles up while sales volume declines. As supply and therefore pricing power returns to a more normal level we'll see a return to the below MSRP pricing that was the norm right up until the third quarter of 2020.
How many times in the past have both manufacturers and dealers proclaimed an end to discounting and how many times has this actually stuck? To have any hope of profitability the makers must use as much of their factory capacity as they can while the dealers cannot survive on a model of few sales at a high gross.

Great thread. I too am looking for another car that has great fuel economy for king road trips.

How durable are the Prius hybrid battery? Time and mileage! Replacement cost? I avoid vehicle work timing belt because it is a nasty cost, especially when vehicle gets old. And hybrid battery is another of those cost.

Can the Prius with dead hybrid battery. That way it makes replacement decision easier once it gets to 250k-300k and 20+ years.

Thank you.

Great thread. I too am looking for another car that has great fuel economy for king road trips.

How durable are the Prius hybrid battery? Time and mileage! Replacement cost? I avoid vehicle work timing belt because it is a nasty cost, especially when vehicle gets old. And hybrid battery is another of those cost.

Can the Prius with dead hybrid battery. That way it makes replacement decision easier once it gets to 250k-300k and 20+ years.

Thank you.
Most Prius will need a hybrid battery by the 15 year mark, regardless of mileage.

Back