2021 Mazda MX-5, M1 ESP 0W-30, 5000mi OCI, 15000mi

IMG_1365.jpeg

Nothing seems remarkable here to me except for the low-ish flashpoint combined with the supposedly low fuel dilution. Not a lot of highway miles during this run but it wasn’t typically short-tripped either.
M1 ESP went back in, but not sure if I’ll stick with it next time. Seems others here with the same motor are getting similar results using cheaper oils.

Looks like typical break-in heading in the right direction.

I had a 2019 in that red; beautiful color that was impossible to keep clean.
My 2023 is white; far easier to deal with on my gravel road.

View attachment 203762
Nothing seems remarkable here to me except for the low-ish flashpoint combined with the supposedly low fuel dilution. Not a lot of highway miles during this run but it wasn’t typically short-tripped either.
M1 ESP went back in, but not sure if I’ll stick with it next time. Seems others here with the same motor are getting similar results using cheaper oils.
With M1 you're paying for 10k mile OCI not 5k miles.

With M1 you're paying for 10k mile OCI not 5k miles.
The ESP does not have a mileage rating that I'm aware of, has a lowish starting TBN (6.5ish), and I've seen a couple of UOAs where the TBN was spent before 10k.

Like with any oil, vehicle and driving pattern matters more than the oil in terms of how long it will hold up.

The ESP does not have a mileage rating that I'm aware of, has a lowish starting TBN (6.5ish), and I've seen a couple of UOAs where the TBN was spent before 10k.

Like with any oil, vehicle and driving pattern matters more than the oil in terms of how long it will hold up.
None of them do but they're all long drain oils. I would run this in my BMW for lesser of 1yt or 10k miles.

TBN is largely irrelevant with ULSG/ULSD

I
Curious why you want to run a diesel/gas blend oil in your Mazda, when other ESP Mobil-1 gas-only oils are available.
I like the higher GDI soot handling ability along with the higher HTHS and viscosity that the 0W-30 formula provides.

Back