2013 dodge Grand caravan transmission shudder/ harsh down shift

Our 13 Grand caravan has been doing this thing where when flooring it from aroun4 d 30-35mph or so will produce a violent shudder/ harsh down shift. Fluid is new. New fluid didn't help or hurt the issue. Transmission has 106,000 miles. No codes. What could this be?

IMO these Chrysler transmissions don’t like to be floored. Obviously there appears to be a problem but not flooring the thing might help preserve it longer.

Just my $0.02

"They are known" to just crap out about 100k. I had a rebuild that was shifting harsh and it turned out to be a slightly out of whack MAP sensor that was causing the torque management to send too much pressure to the trans. The original was so worn, the harsh shifts weren't harsh. 😁

Torque converter and valve body are the typically issues with those if it’s not slipping

Kind of a band aid cause they aren’t the most long lasting transmissions and it will still cost a pretty penny to get those parts replaced

Broken mounts are common as well

Like said, the feeling from the transmission might be a symptom and not the cause.

You don't hear of too many problems with the 62TE. It's a good trans.

Did it have any fluid changes prior to ~100K miles?

I fixed a similar problem on my Chrysler Town and Country by add 1 Bottle of Lucas Transmission Fix (the thick stuff) and 1 tube of Lubegard Dr Tranny I start Shudder Fix.

Has worked great for years already.

OP, has the transmission ever been serviced? You might consider a transmission fluid exchange and a new filter.

Back