2010 Subaru STI 89kkms (Flex-E85) - PP Euro 5W40 - 4,200kms

I change the oil once per year around the end of September, start of October. Here is this years report, in typical fashion this car only sees around 4,000kms per year so there is no real chance of depletion or issues to note. The car has a number of bolt on and flex-fuel upgrades and sees higher boost and about an extra 80-90whp more than a stock STI. This may be my last UOA on this car since I finally got the "perfect report"!

When I started getting UOAs in 2017 the iron levels were abnormally high, they have since become normal and there is nothing else to note and the reports have gotten pretty boring. Plus I have ran through all the brands of oil that I plan on using. I have a few years worth of Mobil1 Euro 0w40 and don't think I will learn anything else.

If nothing else these can be used as comparative "almost virgin" oil analysis of the big brand (labelled below) 40 weight oils :D

10 STI-221028 edit 150.jpg

Please post this in the Partial UOA forum. :p

Are you the one that had a drop in uoa wear after using Hy-per Lube ZRA?

Please post this in the Partial UOA forum. :p

Are you the one that had a drop in uoa wear after using Hy-per Lube ZRA?
Yes starting with the 2018 Rotella oil change I have been adding 4oz to the sump per molakule recommendation.

I guess that might be a reason to do another UOA next year. The fact that the Hy-per Lube I added this year is the new formula which doesn't look as useful (https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/threads/hy-per-lube-hpz212-discontinued.359195/post-6279943).

Maybe my iron levels will be back up?

Running 2,500 miles between oil changes I don't think there's much to see.
Yeah I've thought about doing an oil change every two years instead, but then I'd just be twiddling my thumbs...

Yes starting with the 2018 Rotella oil change I have been adding 4oz to the sump per molakule recommendation.

I guess that might be a reason to do another UOA next year. The fact that the Hy-per Lube I added this year is the new formula which doesn't look as useful (https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/threads/hy-per-lube-hpz212-discontinued.359195/post-6279943).

Maybe my iron levels will be back up?

Yeah I've thought about doing an oil change every two years instead, but then I'd just be twiddling my thumbs...
Wow, things are always changing in the lubrication industry. In fact, this comment has already been superseded by a new comment.

Back