‘15 RAM 3500 Laramie Longhorn - 86k - Mobil Del Extreme - 11k

Looks good to me? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Maybe I’ll extend it to 15k.

86,780 on unit
11,080 on oil/8 months time
15w40 silver jugs

This was with a Fram 20k filter and pulling a 40’ 5th wheel for 50% of the miles.

Attachments

• 28570006-BB5A-4B6D-A5CB-7F39EFF3BE67.jpeg
    28570006-BB5A-4B6D-A5CB-7F39EFF3BE67.jpeg
    105.7 KB · Views: 226
Wow! I have 5 gal bucket of this in the garage waiting inline for use. Another UOA I saw before never showed that high of additives though. I find that interesting. Either they've started adding higher amounts or variance but I doubt it. 15k is very doable here. You were even towing heavy. I like your results all the way around. Great job!

@TOLSON They state it's "Full Synthetic" in this VOA (link below) but then the Blackstone report says "Blend". I do know Mobil did label, at least, their 10w-30 as a Synthetic Blend at one time. TBN of 8.5 is the corrected result. Notice the add pack is lower than yours here.

Your Silicon is half of what is posted here. This could just be lab variance. but the consistancy on the rest of the add pack makes me think this is a change on the latest oil. May I ask what oil you ran before this run?

Delvac VOA

MOBIL DELVAC-201215 (8)-page-0.jpg

Last edited:
@TOLSON They state it's "Full Synthetic" in this VOA (link below) but then the Blackstone report says "Blend". I do know Mobil did label, at least, their 10w-30 as a Synthetic Blend at one time. TBN of 8.5 is the corrected result. Notice the add pack is lower than yours here.

Your Silicon is half of what is posted here. This could just be lab variance. but the consistancy on the rest of the add pack makes me think this is a change on the latest oil. May I ask what oil you ran before this run?

Delvac VOA

View attachment 162079

Unsure as it was a shop change before this but it’s safe to assume it was likely black bottle/bucket Delvac. Most every shop seems to use that as it’s cheapest for them.

Unsure as it was a shop change before this but it’s safe to assume it was likely black bottle/bucket Delvac. Most every shop seems to use that as it’s cheapest for them.
Thanks! If it was the black bottle Delvac 1300 previously then that adds more evidence that this gray bottle extreme has had a recent additive boost. Since there is 44% LESS anti-wear additives in the 1300.

I'm running Rotella right now & then will run some off brand next but after that it will get this extreme put into the truck. Your post has gotten me excited about that prospect. Thanks for the update!

Last edited:
The sample "Fantastic" posted was the Full Synthetic Mobil Extreme 15/40. I sent it in as a virgin sample before the oil was on the consumer map. I liked that oil a lot. That oil in the bottle smelled like a Manhattan on the rocks.

The sample "Fantastic" posted was the Full Synthetic Mobil Extreme 15/40. I sent it in as a virgin sample before the oil was on the consumer map. I liked that oil a lot. That oil in the bottle smelled like a Manhattan on the rocks.
Mobil sets their "Advanced Full Synthetic" wording to their Delvac 1 product line & not this Delvac product. It says Synthetic on the jugs. All that being said it does appear to be a good offering & with the $30 rebate I got back I can't complain. When I run it I'll post up the UOA to see if they did beef up the add pack on it since the time you've tested it. Thanks by the way!

Back